Toyo AT ?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Toyo AT ?

Postby Kestral » Sun May 18, 2014 4:43 pm

It seems there are several people on this forum that have the Toyo Open Country A/T -2 tires. I am thinking about them for my 2012 PF and would like to get some opinions on them. Things like ride, handling, snow performance, wet, dry, etc. esp how they do in the snow as many A/T tires really stink in the snow. Thanks!

not on the rug

tires

Postby not on the rug » Mon May 19, 2014 5:19 am

I really like the at2. I've taken them on some light logging roads and they are great. No serious offroading with them yet. They are amazing on the pavement, dry or wet. I think they are decent in the snow. NJ had a brutal winter this year, and I never had any issues getting where I needed to go. The only other tires I'd consider are the duratracs. But the price difference is substantial. A lot of guys run the bfgs and love them. I think they are great offroad, but they drive like crap on pavement compared to the toyos. I guess it depends on where you do most of your driving. I would certainly buy the toyo at2 again

Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 am

^seconded.

They are surprisingly good all round, including in the snow. Our winter driving conditions have run from Nov till end of April, with very little bare pavement driving in between. The studded Gislaved Nordfrost* on the Passat do better on hard ice (no surprise) but the Toyos on the Pathfinder turn it into a virtual snowmobile. I was pushing snow with the bumper for hours on end this winter ...occasionally just for fun :twisted: (Just remember to clean out the rad once in a while and bring a shovel just in case!) The Toyos are also quite good in mud, and quiet on-road.

H.

* I'm a really picky winter tire shopper, and this is the first vehicle where I haven't run a dedicated set of winter wheels.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon May 19, 2014 2:20 pm

I would agree with both posts above, the only negative side I've seen for them is my parents had them on a 2005 Chevy Tahoe, I know not the same vehicle, but they were unable to get the expected mileage out of the tire. They did get them prorated, but it was very minimal.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”