New owner of 2008 Pathfinder LE

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Ariesg

New owner of 2008 Pathfinder LE

Postby Ariesg » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi,

New to the forum. Just traded my '08 G37 Coupe for the '08 Pathfinder LE. New baby girl and the G was just not very practical anymore. Tough time trying to squeeze the baby seat into the back of the G.

Love the way the PF looks, but wish I had done more research. From what I've read so far on this forum, the PF is prone to transmission failure by way of coolant leak in the AT fluid cooler loop in the radiator. I'm also hearing a noticeable "whine" on acceleration (didn't notice this in my test drive) which from my initial research on the forum is coming from the upper timing chain tensioner sand tensioner shoe. The more I read the more I miss the G37.

The utility of the PF is great. Drives well and has similar amenities to what I traded in (sans Navi). Looks like I need to check tranny fluid to see if the catastrophic leak has happened to this PF and consider bypass/radiator replacement. Timing belt tensioner problem will need to be addressed as well. Purchased extended warrantee from dealer I got the PF from and hoping it covers some of the cost after deductible. Have to look over paperwork.

Overall pleased with the PF, but want the peace of mind once these issues have been resolved. I'm in the Seattle area. Glad I found this forum!

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:35 am

welcome

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”