newbie needing help

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Coltrain

newbie needing help

Postby Coltrain » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:12 am

i have a 05 pathfinder 110k miles, have some difficulty tracking down my problem with this truck..

everytime after i start the truck and it runs for a few mins it will shut off (if im sitting still and dont hit the gas pedal) or if im driving down the rode its like a MAJOR misfire (can fill the truck jerk)

i have NO CEL on

in the last month this truck has gotten a new fuel pump (old one really did die), a new ECM relay, and a NEW IPDM and problem still is there

the truck will crank back up once it dies and it has always done it twice and then its fine til it is shut off for awhile

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:33 pm

you need to double check your ground.

Coltrain

Postby Coltrain » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:50 pm

which ground tho?

first time this happened was 7/10/14 and it happened after the truck had sat at the hospital parking lot (while my son was bein born- sat from 7/7/14)

and ever since that day it has done it atleast twice a start up

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:53 pm

ground of the negative battery cable.

also good to check the battery clamps to the terminals. These import battery clamps are notoriously bad as they age for stretching and cracking.

Next, I would check the battery itself.

Coltrain

Postby Coltrain » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:17 pm

i checked the ground and it looks good to me, no corrosion or signs of anything odd, i noticed the negative post was stretched and fixed that when i installed the new ipdm last weekend, but its still dying (but able to start right back up), i will run by my local parts house and have them check the battery and see if there are any codes in it (even tho the light isnt on)

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”