Driving lights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Driving lights

Postby Kestral » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:10 am

The stock lights on my 2012 are not that great esp on high beam or so it seems compared to several other SUV's I have owned. Some years ago I had a Volvo 960 and the headlights wears junk! So I added a set of Hella 550 driving lights that would work on high beam only and they made a HUGE! Difference. I am thinking about adding a set to the front of my bull bar on my Pathy? Any one here use driving lights on there Pathy?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:32 am

I have a set of Hella Blackmagic 500's mounted in my grill. They're wired to come on with the high beams and it definitely helps. I have them aimed high and they spread pretty wide. Makes a big difference when going up/down hills because the OEM lights cut-off too low.

If I had to do it over I might go with a higher power light but these bring the PF lighting up to average at least. Plus the blackmagics blend into my grill really nicely. If you do a search you can find my original post with pictures and I think I listed the wires that I tapped. It's been a few years.

Edit: I found the link easily: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ight=hella I didn't list the wires I tapped. I know I caught the high-beam wire coming off the drivers side headlight and that's what triggers the Hella relay. I don't remember the wire color but it wasn't hard to track down with a test light.

Return to “R51 Electrical”