Pathfinder Internal Issues (Plus my first post!)

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Agent109

Pathfinder Internal Issues (Plus my first post!)

Postby Agent109 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:29 am

Hi everyone. I've been reading the threads on this community and saw how helpful and cool it is. I just joined today. I have a 05 Pathfinder 4x4 Silver SE. I got the vehicle in 05 when the model was released. Now...this may make you all "gasp" but...the vehicle was kind of abused in the interior in more ways than one. Carpet is literally atrocious, marks and everything on the plastic, roof inside is dirty and has marks everywhere (This mess was caused by my wonderful siblings). What I really wanted to make this post about how a hand sanitizer can like the long stick ones in the hospital that you can press the nozzle a bit forward and it squirts...yeah..well..that was under the seat and then I wasn't aware of it and I moved my driver seat back and it was spraying everywhere under the seat.(By the way, I was in park in my drive way during this time) The speakers, radio system and master/button controls wouldn't work on any of the windows. This stayed for 3 days before it started to work again. When it started to work again and windows, I heard the speakers perform rather worse, and except 1 window worked properly. The right rear window cannot be controlled by master controls but can still be locked and prevented from moving up and down, and the only way to control the window is from the control button at that door. I need help in fixing this and how to figure out what real damage the sanitizer may have done that I'm unaware of. This is rather late to come up with this but I needed help eventually. And if I have to go to the dealership an estimated price possibly.

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:51 am

Start with a drivers window switch and go from there..

Agent109

Postby Agent109 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Ok, thanks. I've been waiting for help. I will open the cover. If it seems damaged I may have to replace the master control case there, also the window no longer works for the driver side. That story is because my older brother was messing with me when I pulled up to him, he stopped the window from going up. I got pretty upset when he did that, now this is the result. I'll probably get it done on the 26th then come back and post my results. Thanks

Agent109

Postby Agent109 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm going to have to wait a while for the part. But I'll get it sometime and manage to reply back when I do. Thanks again for the tip.

Return to “R51 Electrical”