NOAS Fall run

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

mcm4090

NOAS Fall run

Postby mcm4090 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:23 am

The Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast Presents:
Uwharrie NOAS Fall Run 2008

When:
Friday, September 26th through Sunday, September 28th
Where:
Uwharrie National Forrest - Troy, NC
Who:
Anyone with a Nissan is invited to come, paid member or not.
Cost:
$5 a day / $30 a year
Passes can be bought at the following locations:
  • Donnie Mullinix Store – Hwy 109, Uwharrie
  • Eldorado Outpost – Hwy 109, Uwharrie
  • Swift Island BP – Hwy 24/27 and River Road
  • Jake's Store – Hwy 109, Troy, NC
Camping/Lodging:
We have two 50 person tent campground sites reserved at Badin Lake Campground. We are NOT camping at Deep Water Horse Camp as we have in previous years. Cost will vary, depending on how many people show up, but we're estimating something like $5 a tent/truck for members and $10 for non-members.
Trails:
Uwharrie has trails of varying difficulty, easy to modified. Most trails have hard lines and bypasses for those who are up for the challenge. Runs and a trail schedule will be decided upon Friday evening. We will break down into groups to avoid trail congestion.
Easy trails: Passable by most stock Nissans*
Modified: Lift or 31” tires recommended*
(Stock Hardbody should be OK. Stock R50 might have issues)
Difficult: Lift, aggressive tires, winch recommended*
Extreme: Lift, tires, winch, lack of concern for damage*
*Keep in mind that you will be taking your vehicle over rough terrain and will be taking the chance of damage including body damage, rocker panel dents, tree limb scratches, under body damage, etc.
Weather:
The weather in NC can be unpredictable. Always be prepared for the worse. Due to the time of year this even is scheduled it is possible that it will get cold at night or even during the day so bring adequate clothing and sleeping gear. We advise checking the weather before you leave in the chance that extra preparation is needed for rain or freezing conditions. We are die-hard wheelers and won't call off the event unless there are extremely bad weather conditions called for.

Troy, NC Weather
CB and FRS:
CB is the preferred method of on trail communication. FRS can be used but has a very limited range compared to CB. Channel will be determined on site to ensure we can pick a quiet one.
Directions:
We will be meeting at the Badin Lake Campground on Saturday morning. The best address for directions is:
ElDorado Outpost
4021 NC 109
Troy, NC 27371
This will put you near the campsite.
Click here to get Google directions from the Outpost to the Badin Lake Campground.
Maps:
Please print a copy of the trail map and bring it with you on the run. Trail Map
Other Info:
Many of us like to get there Friday night to setup camp and socialize around the camp fire. Everyone is more than welcome to be there early and join in on the fun!
Forum Thread:
look here for schedule of events. Updates as we plan more.
Redirect

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:29 am

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:05 pm

What a wild weekend. High gas prices, setting up the tent at 3am in pouring down rain, busted a shock, bent a slider, dented a fender, and not being able to climb two hills....

ONE OF BEST WHEELING TRIPS I HAVE BE ON!!!
:)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:14 pm

mcm4090 wrote:What a wild weekend. High gas prices, setting up the tent at 3am in pouring down rain, busted a shock, bent a slider, dented a fender, and not being able to climb two hills....

First off, where's a pic of your vehicle? Sounds & looks like it was a good time. I bet you wished you had the BFG MT instead of the AT. As to the bent slider, you should give Shrockworks a call. A number of the good mfrs. offer a lifetime warranty, meaning they will replace anything that ever gets bent.

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:30 pm

NVSteve wrote:

First off, where's a pic of your vehicle? Sounds & looks like it was a good time. I bet you wished you had the BFG MT instead of the AT. As to the bent slider, you should give Shrockworks a call. A number of the good mfrs. offer a lifetime warranty, meaning they will replace anything that ever gets bent.
Yes the MT's would have helped.

here is me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHJ2_GWikgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFNMubANyLI

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:16 pm

mcm4090 wrote: Yes the MT's would have helped.
That's putting it mildly :lol:

A little wet for my tastes, but it sure looks like you had fun! Thanks for posting the clips.
Last edited by NVSteve on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 pm

Oh I hate the mud but after see one truck not be able to make it, I just had to do it. :lol:

Return to “Offroad Adventures”