Aux Input 06 Headunit or IPOD Interface Install Q's!

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Aux Input 06 Headunit or IPOD Interface Install Q's!

Postby blink32 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:48 pm

I'm interested in having a dedicated mini-stereo jack as an Aux Input on my head unit. I'm just now in the digging of information stage so I'm trying to find out if anyone knows:

A. is there, by chance, any aux inputs on the back of the head unit (very doubtful)
B. does anyone know of any direct plug-in's to get an aux input (other than the ipod interface)
C. does anyone have any pictures of the rear of the stocker and/or the wiring.
D. does anyone know what wires do what in that bundle.

I will probably answer some of these questions myself as I start pouring over the manuals but it never hurts to ask. I've seen a sweet setup for Suby's where u open the stocker, install a mini-jack inline with a ribbon cable effectively giving yourself two sources from one input (cd changer and aux). Then you put in a cd with a 74 minute silent track and play your aux device.

If your wondering why I want this type of interface, I want a better option then FM Modulation for my portable dvd player. It keeps the wife entertained for countless hours on our road trips. The problem is my typical route keeps me very close to large cities that use every available station. 88.1-.9 all seem to be used or if they aren't its extremely annoying to be constantly switching to get the clearest station. I also wouldn't mind being able to plug in my mp3 player (i refuse to conform to apple) or any other type of device that I can adapt to mini-plug.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:12 pm

Hey Blink, here is a site that a lot of other pathfinder people have used for the aux-in. http://www.pac-audio.com/default.asp P/N AAI-NIS2

Their products have helped a lot of people out. Do you have the pdf manual for the Pathy? I think they are on here somewhere. You need the AV.pdf, which is 10mb. Hope this helps.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:42 pm

Thanks for the link and the info. I do have the manual so I will start scrambling through that site. Man I love this site. Not a lot of traffic but quality posters and posts......

'Preciate it tons!

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Follow up question, I know I don't have the satellite radio tuner. I didn't pay for it and it wasn't on my option codes. Are ALL the head units satellite "ready" ? If not how can I tell whether or not I have a sat ready HU. I have the bose system if it makes a difference. I'll do more digging but while I'm here I might as well post :)

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:08 pm

I installed the PAC NIC2, works well, just haven't had time to post the write-up :roll: .

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:28 pm

I think all the pathfinders are satellite ready. I think it's just a harness install. I think I remember from another site you hit the cd button twice, but I may be confusing it with my saab.

Racrzx just needs to put down the christmas wish list for a minute and do a write-up. :wink:

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:33 pm

All 2006s have the 6-disc changer and are SAT ready. 2005s without SAT abilities might not work with the NIS2. My GF and I use it to watch movies on my laptop while the kids are in their rock climbing class, works great.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:46 pm

Yet more super information.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:35 pm

After your recommendations and reading around I just put in a PAC AAI-NIS2. Install was just about as easy as they come. If you don't beat me to the writeup Racer I'll post mine over the weekend probably.

vwpower

Postby vwpower » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:02 am

Has anyone used this AAI-NIS2 on a 2007? Are 06 and 07 radios the same? I have a Bose system on a 2007 and want to add a dvd and monitor, which I already have to the factory radio. :?

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”