2013 path.no climate controls when engine is cold

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

edward

2013 path.no climate controls when engine is cold

Postby edward » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:29 am

This car is still under warranty at 10k miles.I simply dont have the time to go running to the dealer right away.was hoping someone might know a simple fix.In real cold weather, under 25f, ice cold engine, I start it up and the climate control panel is completely dead for at least 5mins.No fan, no a/c, no rear defrost, no rear climate controls either.Doesnt seem to come on until the engine temp gauge comes up a tiny bit.Doesnt matter if I shut the engine off with it turned on or turnedoff.I dont get it.Now I hear snow is coming my way.I need this fixed.Any ideas out there? Going to the dealer is just a hassle.Thanks guys.Ed.Update.....I checked the owners manual.It is possible I was turning the heat on wrong.The manual says for heat only, press the A/C button.I normally dont turn on a/c switches for heat but I can only try and see how it goes the next few days.Geez.
:oops:Update.Theres something loose.It would not function today until I slapped the side of it like a red headed stepchild.Did that twice today.Back to the dealer we go.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Ain't it great when we can solve our own problems? :D

Thanks for posting your diagnosis. Personally, the dealer is the first place I would have gone. They would have given you a loaner car. I understand that it's a hassle, especially if the dealer is a distance away, but on a new car, these kinds of things are unacceptable and you should hold your dealer accountable for them.

edward

Postby edward » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Still having the dead controls problem.been checked 4 times.replaced control head once too.gotta get the nissan complaint number.or lemon law.

edward

Postby edward » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Took a phone vid of the cold weather heater prob.having to hit the dash to make it power up sometimes.service manager emaild it to nissan tech.sayin there gonna change the auto amplifier.wonder what that is?

Return to “R52 Electrical”