P 0150 bank 2 sensor 1

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

rchjr

P 0150 bank 2 sensor 1

Postby rchjr » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:17 pm

HI there,

I have a 2007 nissan pathfinder 4x4 off road, I have a p 0150 bank 2 sensor 1 code. Can someone tell me if this is the driver or passenger side? Auto Zone cant seem to get this right. I originally went there a few weeks ago and they read the service engine soon light. Their reading said p 0150 bank 2 sensor 1. At the time the person selling me the sensor said it was on drivers side. Today I go back to get the wrench tool they rent for removing it. I had the guy check and make sure I had the right one. He tells me I have the wrong one, the one I need is on the passenger side. I come home and start looking around here and I see a post that bank 2 is the drivers side. Can someone tell me what side this is on?

Thanks!

Rchjr

bmramon

Postby bmramon » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:30 am

Bank 1 = Passenger
Bank 2 = Driver

rchjr

Postby rchjr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks for the response, is that written down anywhere in the service manual so I can print it out and take it up to Auto Zone?

Rchjr

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:44 pm

The sensor you need is NTK #25679. I usually get them from Rockauto.com because the are cheaper than the local auto parts store, even with the shipping. NTK is the original equipment manufacturer of Nissan 2 sensors.

Bank #1 is always the bank that starts with cyl #1. On Nissan V6's, cylinders #1, 3 and 5 are on the right bank (or passenger side in the USA). Bank #2 would be the left bank (or driver's side in the USA) and has cyl #2, 4 and 6.

rchjr

Postby rchjr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:53 pm

smj999smj

Thanks for responding, I went back down to Auto Zone after I called the dealer to find out for sure which side it was on and they again said drivers side. I spoke to the same guy that waited on me, told him what I had found out. He looked in his computer and went.........Oh! Your right!

Just glad I caught this before I swapped out the wrong side.

Thanks again to all that responded.

Rchjr

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:32 am

There are many good auto parts store workers, but there are also a lot of them who have no idea what they are talking about. I once went to an Advance Auto Parts store to pick up a set of NGK spark plugs for a Chevy (I use NGK plugs in every gas engine I own and have never had a problem. He told me it was a bad idea because they are specifically made for Japanese cars and don't work well in US domestics. Then I had to inform him the NGK makes the Iridium AC Delco plugs on many GM engines, the OE plugs for Saturn, OE plugs on some of the 4.0L Jeep inline-6's, OE plugs on the Mercury Villager, OE plugs on some VW New Beetles and the OE plugs on some BMWs. In fact, NGK is the largest manufacturer of OE spark plugs, today. He then stopped lecturing me and got my spark plugs!

Return to “R51 Electrical”