2008 Ipod adapters out yet?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

acomiskey

2008 Ipod adapters out yet?

Postby acomiskey » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:43 am

Anyone have any info on whether the ipod interfaces are out for '08s yet or when they are supposed to be available?

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:37 am

Not sure as I haven't checked out this mod at the dealership but aren't the Ipod interfaces the same throughout the 05+ years or does 2008 need something different. Here's some info showing that the same interface works on all 05+ PF, Xterra and Frontier model years;

http://www.leeparts.com/nissan_frontier ... rface.html

http://www.leeparts.com/pdf/frontieripod.pdf

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:34 am

According to the a post over at nissanforums the 2008 is a different interface. If you look at leeparts under pathfinder, the interface available is for 05-07.....not 08.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:39 am

Local Canadian parts guy tells me that the Ipod interface part for the 08 PF's is # 999U7VR002, same as what's used in some Armada's and Titans as well as some of the cars and is usually kept in stock.

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:47 am

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:36 pm

Sorry to drudge up an old post but..... WHAT adapter?????

My 08 has the AUX jack, I always wanted to see if they made a IPOD to AUX jack (and not aux to headphone). I thought I read that the ACTUAL IPOD display would be shown WITHIN our radio display.... even that big dial has to be worth something more than a toggle....

Anyone??? Best Buy said never seen anything like that...

MGJ

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Bueller.......Bueller............... ?

MGJ

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:49 am

You're not going to find it at best buy.

Yes, you could use the aux jack, but you obviously won't get info on the display.

You have to go to the dealer and buy the ipod module and cable assemblies. Then after install you can have your ipod in the glovebox and control it from the radio controls.

Ask your dealer, they should be able to help.

MTG08V8LE

Postby MTG08V8LE » Wed May 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Marginjoey wrote: My 08 has the AUX jack, I always wanted to see if they made a IPOD to AUX jack (and not aux to headphone). I thought I read that the ACTUAL IPOD display would be shown WITHIN our radio display.... even that big dial has to be worth something more than a toggle....

Anyone??? Best Buy said never seen anything like that...

MGJ
I just hooked up a new IPOD touch to the Aux jack with an IPOD to Aux adapter /3.5POD( http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1035 )and achieved the same results as if Id used an Aux to Aux cable from the headphone jack. Could have saved a few bucks with a 3.5 to 3.5. The only way to be able to control your Ipod through your Pathfinder controls is with the Interface kit ( I verified this with an IPOD tech service rep. ) And it looks quite involved to install. Dealership estimates 2.5 hrs labor plus parts. I dont know if the current interface that is availible for 05 to 07s will work yet on my 08 and my dealer cant verify this either. Id like to know how the controls will work in the path's display screen for an Ipod Touch before I buy the kit since everything is touch and there are no wheels or buttons.

One thing I did notice with the Aux connection is that I was able to get a more audible repsonse since the Ipod has volume control and so does the Pathfinder. Maxing out the Ipod and maxing out the Pathfinder volume was insane. When I crank the volume seperatly in each of these they are somewhat limited. But together I was very pleased to "feel the music". (BTW I have the loaded LE with the Bose system.)

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:49 am

OK first, My IPOD volume and my truck volume are seperate too. Everyones is, so to be frank, u did waste yer money there. My 3.5 male/male works just like you said.

I've checked with a handful of dealers, NONE say it works, 1 of them called the Nissan Techline and stated, NO, 05-07 will NOT work on 08, as stated previously.

Greybrick, Are you sure about that part number??? You are saying the TITAN/ARMADA cable works in the 08 PATH, yes??

http://future-nissan.stores.yahoo.net/i ... rface.html

THAT?

MGJ

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”