Climate temperature difference. 08 Se

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:58 pm

If the heat works with higher RPMs (while sitting still), you may just need to burp your system. I just burped mine and the heat started working.

guppda

Postby guppda » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:26 am

Burped it and it works great now. Thanks everyone for the help that couldn't have been simpler to do.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

akley88 wrote:not to sound like an ass but consumer affairs will have no effect. this is one reason i do not like temperature selectors in cars. mine with the blue and red lines works great. no issues with cold air when i want hot and no hot when i want cold. ive never been in any car that with one that works well, even german cars.
Couldn't agree more. All the "auto" nanny hand holding in modern cars drives me nuts. My old Jeep is perfect. Has the simple left-right dial for heat/cool. If I get to hot I can manually adjust.

What sold me on the Pathfinder is it was one of the few modern vehicles (I truly needed an upgrade for work purposes) that doesn't have daytime running lights and the seatbelt nanny buzzer. The fact it came with a V8 didn't hurt either :wink: but really, had the R51 had an annoying seatbelt chime I wouldn't have purchased the thing.

mooremayhem

Postby mooremayhem » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:36 pm

I too have inconsistent heat issues in my 2012 SV. If I set it to 90, it blows out hot. Lower the temp down to 80, and it turns cold, not warm. I hope a fix becomes available soon as this is a pain to keep having to adjust it

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:26 am

Have you tried running it in manual mode as I mentioned above? It seems less glitchy that way. I don't think there's going to be a fix given the maturity of the issue.

mooremayhem

Postby mooremayhem » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:36 am

Yes, it actually seems to be worse in manual mode. Auto mode, for me, seems more consistant. Ill check the coolant level tomorrow and see if that has anything to do with it.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:50 pm

A coworker and I both have Pathfinders that do the same thing. It's like the climate control (even in manual) has a mind of its own. Sometimes I have to turn it down to 60 to stop it from blowing molten magma. If it makes you feel any better, I've been driving a brand new Maxima (rental) for a week and it does the exact same thing. The temp number actually has very little to do with the temperature of air it blows. It's all about the car's mood and the position of the moon in relation to Comet NP415.

mooremayhem

Postby mooremayhem » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:37 pm

So I mistyped in my post above. It seems to work better in manual mode but only when the passenger is set to dual mode.

Return to “R51 Electrical”