Built - in - diagnostics

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Kenneth_H

Built - in - diagnostics

Postby Kenneth_H » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi

I'm new to this forum.
I recently bought a 2005 Pathfinder 2.5 diesel.

In my search for a OBD2 scanner/reader to maintain the vehicle. (Service lights, error codes, oil change counter etc. ) I found that I had to pay an insanely amount of money here in Norway to get a reader that will do all that.
So on this forum I found a description to do it manualy;
Turn on the engine while holding in the trip/odo button in the instrument panel.

When I do this, I enter a menu with a lot of options and info. Including bulb check, dial check etc. Where can I find a instruction for all this info? It's not in the manual. Maybe I don't need an obd reader? A lot of the info looked like it was in that format, but it did not have all the text. Only a short for everything.

(I did not find the reset oil change option....)

Any hints?

Kenneth,

Norway

Kenneth_H

Postby Kenneth_H » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:16 am

Hi again

I figured it out! :D

If anyone is interested, here is how it works:

As soon as you turn on the ignition, you will see the spanner, and the number of miles or kilometers left to the next service.
As soon as you see the spanner, push and hold the TRIP/ODO button for approximately 3 seconds. Then the spanner and the value will start flashing and you can turn the TRIP/ODO button back and forth to change the value. When finished, push the button again, and turn of the ignition. The new value is stored. If you set i to 0, it will disable the spanner, and you will not be warned about your next service.

To enter the self diagnoses menu, you have to push and hold the TRIP/ODO button while you turn on the ignition and hold it depressed until "tESt" is shown in the TRIP/ODO Display. Here you navigate by turning the button, and push to enter the function.

(On my car, this also was possible if I pushed the clock button while turning on the ignition.)

Here is an link to the function table in my workshop manual:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/671 ... finder.pdf

This is a manual from a cd off eBay. Bought directly from Asia. It consists of 50 .pdf documents, and no index. Had to look trough 27 before I found it.... :shock:

K

(Sorry for my spelling, English is not my native language)

Return to “R51 Electrical”