bearing noise from front of motor at idle ***solved****

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

71olds

bearing noise from front of motor at idle ***solved****

Postby 71olds » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 pm

OK My 2010 4.0 developed what sounded like a bearing noise at idle after the truck warmed up by 1700 rpm it was gone.

Drove me nuts pulled the belt spun all the accessories & all sounded good

Well finally I broke down and took it to the dealer 15 min later I get a call
Dealer "we think we know the problem it is your oil filter"
Me " are you kidding me how can that be"
Dealer " we have seen it before some cheep filters will cause it. cant be sure but it is the first thing to check"
me "ok do it I need an oil chance anyway"

an hour later I get a call that its all fixed

I had my doubts but drove it 40 miles & it sound great

They told me some filters do not have a check valve & for some reason will cause the noise.

I never go to the stealership but it was such an odd noise that I figured I needed someone with pathfinder knowledge glad I did,

I asked what filter I had but they did not know (I had the oil change done at jack williams auto in Hamlin PA)

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:32 pm

I get a bearing noise at startup, I thought it was the pully above my altinator I can hear it really well from the passenger side wheel well and when I pop the hood it's most defiantly coming from the front right side of the engine I haven't investigated to deeply yet it just started figured I would give it a chance

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:26 am

08PathPounder wrote:I get a bearing noise at startup, I thought it was the pully above my altinator I can hear it really well from the passenger side wheel well and when I pop the hood it's most defiantly coming from the front right side of the engine I haven't investigated to deeply yet it just started figured I would give it a chance
WOW, you used a comma! Why?
:lol:

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:52 am

eieio wrote:
08PathPounder wrote:I get a bearing noise at startup, I thought it was the pully above my altinator I can hear it really well from the passenger side wheel well and when I pop the hood it's most defiantly coming from the front right side of the engine I haven't investigated to deeply yet it just started figured I would give it a chance
WOW, you used a comma! Why?
:lol:
Lolol terrible grammar I know

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Steering pump plus pulley is right above the alternator. Mine is bad, I'm replacing it this week...

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”