4LO - blinking?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

NoCode

4LO - blinking?

Postby NoCode » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:55 am

Got caught driving in major snow storm last week and while I've used 4HI in the past w/no issue, I found myself in a situation where I needed to use 4LO. I put in 4LO when I was stopped but I did not put it in neutral (which is why the 4LO light was blinking). I ended up driving (slowly) for a couple miles in 4LO this way. Any chance I hurt anything by doing that with the light blinking?

It seems to be fine now w/no issues. Thanks.

docwatson

Postby docwatson » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:11 am

Some one may correct me here, but I am pretty sure you never were in 4Lo. The only way into 4lo is by first shifting the transmission to neutral. The blinking meant it was waiting for you to shift to neutral before it could shift to 4lo. All that to say I doubt you did any damage.

docwatson

Postby docwatson » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:12 am

Some one may correct me here, but I am pretty sure you never were in 4Lo. The only way into 4lo is by first shifting the transmission to neutral. The blinking meant it was waiting for you to shift to neutral before it could shift to 4lo. All that to say I doubt you did any damage.

kennynnek

Postby kennynnek » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:18 pm

docwatson wrote:Some one may correct me here, but I am pretty sure you never were in 4Lo. The only way into 4lo is by first shifting the transmission to neutral. The blinking meant it was waiting for you to shift to neutral before it could shift to 4lo. All that to say I doubt you did any damage.
yeah the blinking light means shift in progress, you should be fine

NoCode

Postby NoCode » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks guys

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”