Why did Nissan do this?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

HydroPonix

Why did Nissan do this?

Postby HydroPonix » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:00 pm

So wear and tear is a common thing in cars, especially with rubber parts, with this said...

I found out that the "rubber intake connector" between my throttle and air cleaner is cracked. Instead of pulling a steady stream of air past my MAF, its pulling it through the hole in that rubber connector, bypassing my filter and my MAF. One would generally think, ill just get a new one.. under ten bucks... right? Wrong.

To replace this insignificant rubber you have to purchase the whole air cleaner. $67. Nissan... thats not cool. There is no part number for that rubber and it is thicker on the throttle body side then the air cleaner end. I am sure someone has found a nifty way to get around this, probably finding a rubber that can fit that, but that is not the point. Anyone who has ran into this and wasnt forced to buy the entire part (16576P) post on here.

I hate ranting, but that some tomfoolery on Nissans end.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:13 am

i have one that you could have from my 08 that is just sitting in my garage if you pay for shipping.

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:21 am

You know what i might just take you on that offer. I can pm you next week. We can figure out shipping, with paypal or something.
If anyone still wants to rant on this, the thread is open.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Why did Nissan do this?

Postby eieio » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:14 am

HydroPonix wrote:To replace this insignificant rubber you have to purchase the whole air cleaner. $67. Nissan... thats not cool.
..........$48.34 @ Courtesy Parts
local dealers are often willing to match prices :wink:

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:04 am

you can find those at a performance shop. i hink its a 3" hose.

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:05 am

I do much of my car parts shopping on ebay for the best prices and a large selection of used parts.

alecsey

Re: Why did Nissan do this?

Postby alecsey » Mon May 18, 2015 8:30 pm

HydroPonix wrote:So wear and tear is a common thing in cars, especially with rubber parts, with this said...

I found out that the "rubber intake connector" between my throttle and air cleaner is cracked. Instead of pulling a steady stream of air past my MAF, its pulling it through the hole in that rubber connector, bypassing my filter and my MAF. One would generally think, ill just get a new one.. under ten bucks... right? Wrong.

To replace this insignificant rubber you have to purchase the whole air cleaner. $67. Nissan... thats not cool. There is no part number for that rubber and it is thicker on the throttle body side then the air cleaner end. I am sure someone has found a nifty way to get around this, probably finding a rubber that can fit that, but that is not the point. Anyone who has ran into this and wasnt forced to buy the entire part (16576P) post on here.

I took silicone self adhesive tape and wrapped around rubber connectors. Looks and works solid. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Glue-1 ... /204237144

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”