Creaking Noise up front

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:17 am

Eh kinda hard to tell but I would start with the easy/cheap stuff first. Wrap the hood latch with a couple passes of electrical tape and see what happens.

karmakaze

Postby karmakaze » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Ever figure this out? Mine is making the exact same noise.

GodGaveUsTwo

Postby GodGaveUsTwo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:56 am

Just worked on this same squeak today. Aftermarket K&N Cold Air Intake added to my Pathy a while back. Just started squeaking like that a month ago or so. Actually almost identical to that same noise. I put a couple self-tappers through the air box with a cut in half rubber cork as a bushing. We'll see if it helps. Now on to the wheel bearing issue...

Jayb52

Postby Jayb52 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:51 am

hjwd1 wrote:Turning seems to have no affect. Neither do bumps. Holes etc however are almost 100% to get the noise. Not large holes either, a depressed manhole cover can be enough...
Did you ever solve this? Mine is doing the same thing. Had the dealer replace the upper and lower control arms to solve an different noise. After that the chirp that sounds like metal on metal has started.

Its only on abrupt jolts like potholes. Sound comes from the passenger side. I guess it could be the hood latch, Ill check that tonight, but that sound would be more centered wouldn't it?

I want to figure this out so the dealer can remedy it. Im past warranty, but he said due to the fact it was reported prior to expiring he would honor it. I dont want to wait too long though.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”