99.5 Pathy making weird sound from rear

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

serrld113

99.5 Pathy making weird sound from rear

Postby serrld113 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m new here and have 0 experience with cars except for checking the oil and fluids on my Pathy to make sure she’s ok.

Yesterday I got an oil change so that I could get on the highway. 300 miles in and as I’m merging out of the highway into a light and my car “hiccups” and starts making this really deep grinding sound (best way I can describe it). When the light turned green it was hard for my car to get going…I guess it kinda stalled. At first it wouldn’t make that sound when stopped and only when I tried to make it go and it went (sorry for my lack of “car vocabulary”). Now if I try to make it go it will stall, make that sound but louder and then go. I’ve checked the transmission fluid, engine oil, radiator coolant, brake fluid, and power steering and they’re good. The sound definitely comes from the rear, not from the engine or anything up front. It’s also had a wobbling problem in the back for a while now.
I thought it might have something to do with the transmission because of the stalling.

Any help or reference will be very much appreciated before I take it to the shop in the morning!

serrld113

Postby serrld113 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:02 pm

alright well, thanks guys

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”