2000 path...no start

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

dimbonz

2000 path...no start

Postby dimbonz » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:07 am

I have a no start issue on my 2000 pathfinder...it happened abruptly.i was running some errands and it always ran great,then i parked it for a couple of hours and when i returned it would just turn over it wouldnt start.Its not getting spark to the plugs,i need to know how to check the input voltage to the distributer.The distributer was replaced last year by the previous owner,but i still want to check it.there are no metal shavings inside it.i have limited funds and resources and im trying to find a way to check codes on it,but i dont know where to start. I had a fella who was gonna come put his computer on it to diagnose but he was a no show and recently my second car lost the rack and pinion..i would really like to invest into repairing the pathfinder any help would be greatly appreciated.
Oh its 2whldr auto..Jeff

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:43 am

Take the cap off of the distributor and crank the engine while someone watches the rotor. If the rotor doesn't turn, the timing belt broke. To check input voltage to the distributor, just unplug it and use a test light with the key "on." One of the terminals should have power on the engine harness side connector. For more testing, you would be best to get a factory service manual for your vehicle, or at least the "EC" chapter. Try NissanHelp.com's knowledge base or Nico Club's website for a downloadable manual. To check for codes without a scan tool:

www.troublecodes.net/Nissan

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”