Genuine Nissan Navigation Docking

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Jerseyparts

Postby Jerseyparts » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 am

The unit was only designed for the 700 Series, but there are posts all over the internet about people modifying this to work with other units.
I would check www.thenewx.org or www.clubfrontier.org

They have a wealth of info on these units.

Brian

rodg

Postby rodg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:52 pm

MonkeyMike wrote:this would only fit the S or SE model with the base stereo (i.e. the non-bose stereo).

the SE-OR and the LE have the bose stereo with the integrated display so this would not fit. it would also not fit the LE with nav.

the ones that get the shaft on this deal are the SE-OR and non-nav LE owners. no way to add factory nav, and no place to install the hide-away nav. we would have to use the window mount...

~mike
I have an 06 LE with the BOSE stereo and it fit. My problem however is resetting my BOSE stereo. I can't find the damn stereo code to reset the system :x :x :x Can the dealer reset my radio?

Jerseyparts

Postby Jerseyparts » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:06 pm

What do you mean reset?

Nissans do not use a code on their radios.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:20 am

rodg wrote:
MonkeyMike wrote:this would only fit the S or SE model with the base stereo (i.e. the non-bose stereo).

the SE-OR and the LE have the bose stereo with the integrated display so this would not fit. it would also not fit the LE with nav.

the ones that get the shaft on this deal are the SE-OR and non-nav LE owners. no way to add factory nav, and no place to install the hide-away nav. we would have to use the window mount...

~mike
I have an 06 LE with the BOSE stereo and it fit. My problem however is resetting my BOSE stereo. I can't find the damn stereo code to reset the system :x :x :x Can the dealer reset my radio?
my statement was specific to the 08 models (and later)... the display screen was not offered prior to the 08 models.

mike

rodg

Postby rodg » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:25 pm

Jerseyparts wrote:What do you mean reset?

Nissans do not use a code on their radios.
You are right. Nissan does not use a radio code.....my bad. I got it going now.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:43 pm

:D Got the navigation system installed today... Very easy and quick install... Nice system!!... See View My Album/Mods below......... Triffid

rodg

Postby rodg » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:12 am

Triffid wrote::D Got the navigation system installed today... Very easy and quick install... Nice system!!... See View My Album/Mods below......... Triffid
Mine too....installed and running :D :D :D

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:05 am

Are you using the Bluetooth capability for your cell phone? If so, how is that working for you and did you have to do any additional work (ie.: adding a separate microphone?).

Thanks

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:27 pm

I have the Garmin Nuvi 750 which does not have Bluetooth... The 760 and up have it......... Triffid

markspath

Postby markspath » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:59 pm

bbermann wrote:Are you using the Bluetooth capability for your cell phone? If so, how is that working for you and did you have to do any additional work (ie.: adding a separate microphone?).
FYI, I've got the 760 with Bluetooth in the Nissan housing. People couldn't hear me, even with all the windows closed and sitting still in traffic. I bought the Garmin external mic -- total waste of money. The wire is plenty long, easily routed through the dash, up the driver A-pillar, across the headliner and clipped it to the side of the sunglass housing. Unfortunately, there must be no shielding, and the long wire acted as an antenna, picking up and amplifying every bit of electronic interference imaginable from the electronics and ignition system. The whine was so bad the first time I tried it out that my test subject (my daughter) and I nearly went deaf from the noise, and you could barely hear each others' voice over the whine.

What's needed hear is either a well-shielded cable or differential signal across twisted pair to negate the interference. When I get the time I'll look into trying to build something with shielded cable, but I already have enough electronics projects to not want to tackle designing a differential audio system anytime soon.

Save your money and do what I did: buy a $25 Plantronics bluetooth headset from Costco, and just disable the GPS bluetooth function.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:49 pm

does anyone have a DIY writeup for an '07 SE Off-Road with a the Bose system?

I just ordered it from enissanparts.com yesterday and wanted to read up on it.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Here is a couple of links... The first one is about installing an electric brake contoller but it does show how to remove the center console in order to get the radio out... The second is from an Xterra site but it shows how to install the Garmin Nuvi system... The instructions that come with the Nissan "pod" show the whole thing... You should get the Nuvi unit from someone other than Nissan as it will be less expensive and you are not locked into the Nissan installed software...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=65

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-loc ... 6;t=000010

Hope this helps and the system is very nice!........... Triffid

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Triffid wrote:Here is a couple of links... The first one is about installing an electric brake contoller but it does show how to remove the center console in order to get the radio out... The second is from an Xterra site but it shows how to install the Garmin Nuvi system... The instructions that come with the Nissan "pod" show the whole thing... You should get the Nuvi unit from someone other than Nissan as it will be less expensive and you are not locked into the Nissan installed software...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=65

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-loc ... 6;t=000010

Hope this helps and the system is very nice!........... Triffid
You're my Idol!

i'll read up on those links as soon as i get a chance!

i purchased the Nuvi 750 off ebay for $250. i figured if the dealer was selling it for $400, this price looks like a steal!

Thanks again!

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:54 pm

I got my Nuvi from Best Buy for just under $300... I wanted a black one and they were one of the places to get that color... Also make sure you update the Nuvi with the latest software (Garmin site)... You can also unload different "car" icons for your screen... I have the one that looks like a white Pathfinder w/roof rack... They are located in the Garmin Garage... Good luck!.......... Triffid
Last edited by Triffid on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:44 pm

Thanks!

it took me all of 30 minutes to install it. taking apart the dash and removing the radio was the hardest part b/c it wasn't like what the manual said! ended up putting a small scratch on the face of the head unit. but not really noticable unless you know its there.

I'd like to thank Brian for helping me get the right color part on Saturday, eventhough he wasn't at work. I hope they didn't wake you! I'm still waiting for the parts you shipped to be delivered then i'll let you know so you can send me the return label for the "wrong" part.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”