Newcomer out of PA, USA

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

STik

Newcomer out of PA, USA

Postby STik » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Greetings all! I recently purchased an '07 SE 4WD to replace my decrepit '01 Isuzu Trooper. I got it with 96k on the clock, and have since added a fuse box, LED strobes in the front grill, Yakima MegaWarrior basket, and my trusty OjoCam, along with OTRATTW switches and trimmings to control everything. Working towards a number of upgrades in the future, as the fiance and I would like to take it camping out in the brush in the future. :D Image
At the dealership before I got it, versus now. :twisted:
Last edited by STik on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

C

Postby C » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:05 am

Welcome to the forum! Just got my Pathy too. I never heard of OTRATTW switches before... Just checked them out. Very cool!

STik

Postby STik » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:15 am

Thanks! I have to ask though, what are CG-locks? I'm not familiar with the term.
Last edited by STik on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C

Postby C » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:48 am

Hey STik, here's the CG-Lock site: http://www.cg-lock.com/index.html.

They're metal devices that clamp to the seatbelt tongue and let you snug down the lap part of the seatbelt while leaving the shoulder part free to move with you. Basically, it makes the lap belt portion of your seatbelt work like the seatbelt on a plane. But, you can loosen it without unlatching the seatbelt if you want to also.

I really like them! They really keep your butt in the seat, whether bouncing around offroad or in a tight turn in a fast car. I've been using them for 4 or 5 years now, and I've installed them in multiple vehicles for myself and my family. Personally, I feel like they make you alot safer as well, as if you're using it, your lap belt is already snug and in the correct position in the unfortunate event you're involved in an accident.

You can slide off the the top plate (don't recall what the company calls this piece) of the device and it returns the seatbelt to normal functioning without having to remove the device from the seatbelt.

Just an FYI - On every install I have done, I had to use a Dremel with a sanding drum on it to shape the tongue of the seatbelt somewhat and add some texture so the CG-Lock would mount up and grip properly. Something I found out by trial and error. But, with doing that and Loctite-ing the screws, I've never had one come loose.

Not for everyone maybe, but I won't own another vehicle without putting one at least on the driver's side for me to use.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”