Adding Satelite radio Questions

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

bender031

Adding Satelite radio Questions

Postby bender031 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:46 pm

My wife is getting me a satelite radio tuner for my 2005 pathfinder. i have the bose cd stereo. i would like to get the wired-FM kit to plug into the antenna line. i took the dash apart and looked at the back of the stereo head unit, there is not a "standard" antenna plug that i can see.

anyone do anything like this? anyone have an options for me so i do not have to rely on the wireless fm modulator?

i have not decided on sirius or xm yet, so if there are advantages in the hardware install for one or the other, that is fine with me.

thanks

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:08 am

I used the Nissan turer and hook-up... Just a plug & play... You can see some pictures in my signature........ Triffid

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:41 pm

I asked my brother who works with 12volt products. he also installed my stereo unit. hopefully this helps in some way.
Again, if Triffid got it to work maybe he can help you out more.

That is true the Nissan is not a standard antenna therefore there are antenna adaptor available to convert that style into standard. We stock those parts. After that, you can plug in your wired fm modulator and you can get your satellite sound via a fm channel. Sound quality via fm modulated/fm transmitted not as good as direct connection. Acceptance depends on your pickiness.

The other way is to use a direct plug in adaptor which we offer your yr make model vehicle. This adaptor will provide a direct aux input into your radio. It’s the prefer way but will cost more. This adaptor can do ipod, aux or xm. XM you’ll need to find a xmd1000 which is a discontinued model. We don’t have any more. You’re on your own for finding one. Direct plug-in adaptors are better in sound.

bender031

Postby bender031 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:30 am

hey thanks for asking your brother i appreciate the effort. i have been considering the PAC AAI-NIS2 as i have seen others go that route to add an aux input. However like your brother said, i am now searching for the cable that would go into the back of the satellite radio with rca's on the other end.

the search is still on for the best method.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”