2005 PathFinder LE

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ajaynsx

2005 PathFinder LE

Postby ajaynsx » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:31 pm

I just bought a 2005 path LE...
What kind of oil filter is good and what kind of air filter is good.

How often do you change each of them?

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Nippon or OE Nissan for oil filters , should be done every oil change 3000-5000 miles ... Air filters ... I run K&N's in all my cars or Nippon or OE Nissan ... K&N cleaned every 10-20K and OE filters changed every 15K miles ...

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:26 am

SHAWNATGERBROCK wrote:Nippon or OE Nissan for oil filters , should be done every oil change 3000-5000 miles ... Air filters ... I run K&N's in all my cars or Nippon or OE Nissan ... K&N cleaned every 10-20K and OE filters changed every 15K miles ...
I agree with using OEM Nissan oil filters...in case you have engine issues later it's one less thing that Nissan can try to get out of.

I disagree with K&N...I had a K&N on my '05 Pathy until seeing some tests showing the amount of dirt that bypasses. I'm back to standard Nissan paper air filters.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:54 am

LittleStevie wrote: I disagree with K&N...I had a K&N on my '05 Pathy until seeing some tests showing the amount of dirt that bypasses. I'm back to standard Nissan paper air filters.
Ditto. I just was not ballsy enough to trust in its filtering of fine particulates, especially in super dry & dusty climates. I pulled mine out and tossed it in the garbage after maybe 2000 miles with it.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Also agree in Nissan OEM. I have put the K&N in my wifes Altima and I had to change the Air Mass Sensor after 2 years. Mechanic said the oil from the K&N could cause the failure. $580 buckaroos ...ouch.
Plus I notice no difference with the stock and the K&N. Had the K&N on my 2005 pathy. No problems, but no increase in performance. Stick with stock.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:12 pm

I have ran K&N's in all my cars , My '93 Altima had 180K ( VERY HARD ) miles on it when I sold it and never had an issue ... Never have had any MAF issues ... ( Nissan MAF's are common to go bad , I dont believe oil filter oil has anything to do with it ) .. The only issues with the K&N's are with overoiling !! Then you can have some MAF getting dirty premature issues ... But other than that ... never seen any problems on any cars caused by K&N filters ...

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:56 pm

SHAWNATGERBROCK wrote:never seen any problems on any cars caused by K&N filters ...
Have those all been in humid/rainy climates as opposed to dry & dusty ones? I don't think I'd have an issue with K&N if I lived somewhere that actually has a healthy dose of precip & is typically humid.

Gray

Re: 2005 PathFinder LE

Postby Gray » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:49 am

ajaynsx wrote:I just bought a 2005 path LE...
What kind of oil filter is good and what kind of air filter is good.
How often do you change each of them?
I've recently switched from Nissan oil and air filters to Amsoil, mainly because the filtering media is a nano-fiber manufactured by the Donaldson filter company. The reason I switched is because used engine oil analysis showed some silicon (dirt) in previous samples and I wanted to see if finer filters could reduce that. If silicon levels stay about the same in the next couple of used oil analysis I'll likely go back to Nissan filters as they are less expensive.

I change oil filters every oil change at around 5000 kms and the air filter gets changed about once each year, but that depends on dust levels where the truck is driven. At a couple of places where I worked several years ago the air filters got changed about once a month in a GMC truck.

http://www.worldsbestoil.ca/donaldson-e ... amsoil.php

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eao.aspx

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”