Scratches on interior plastic panels

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Scratches on interior plastic panels

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:57 am

I haven't really concerned myself with interior scratches as this PF is a work truck, but I've read a few complaints about scratched plastic panels lately and looking in the rear compartment I have a few. Somewhere I've read that getting plastic pieces cryogenicly treated vastly improves resistance to scratching and breakage, but that seems like overkill. Any other thoughts about how to keep the interior plastic parts in good unscratched condition?

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:16 pm

My PF is a 08 and the back looks like S*it. You would think that its at least 4 years old. I laided down a pice of plywood to keep the floor in good shape but the sides??? After a while I would like to try to rhino-line the sides.

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:41 pm

The same thing happened with the interior plastics on my 08. It seems like the smallest brush up will scuff the plastic. :evil:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:49 pm

I haven't really cared too much about it myself, as I plan on keeping the Pathie for many moons. I do have a weathertech cargo floor liner & a nice big tarp that I unfold when carrying lots of loose stuff. A few scuff marks here or there, but not bad at all.

The worst involves the little webbed-in cubby hole on the driver's side. I usually have a gallon of water in there and it scuffed the crap out of the plastic (literally, it is now mostly light gray). So, I use my microfiber towels as a bit of padding between the water and walls.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:25 pm

the lower plastic covering on my left third row seat is gone :cry: its really banged up

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:27 am

I have the Weathertech cargo liner for my 08 as well and that works great for the floor but not for the sides. My shop vac plastic nozzle even scratches the sides up! But like others, I use this thing to haul random stuff so it's going to get scratched up. It's the sign of a good work truck right?? :)

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:48 am

I looked into getting Rhino Linner installed into the back of the PF. 1ft high on the sides and get the floor and the back of the seats done. When the RL rep looked at the back he said that the PF rear plastic is made with a oily plastic that will allow it to bend under pressure to keep from cracking.

They said that spray in linner will not stick even if you sand the plastic down. The linner will just come off.
I also looked into Dupli-color bed linner. I think Im going to try it on a small part and see if it sticks.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”