Engine Block Heather.

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

BCpathy

Engine Block Heather.

Postby BCpathy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:11 pm

I'd like to install an engine block heater on my 2010 SE.

Does anyone have one installed and/or any knowledge on, how to do it on that peticular model? I never had one and am currently researching for install instructions.

Any input would be much appreciated.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:50 pm

I've heard that block heaters came standard on Canadian Pathfinders. The cord is a little hard to find, placed near the P/S fluid reservoir...or, at least, so I've been told.

BCpathy

Postby BCpathy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Mine is a US model. But I'll have a look anyway. Maybe they put one in, when the dealer imported the vehicle to canada. In the event of the block heater not already installed, how hard would it be to put it in?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:17 am

They install in one of the freeze out plugs on the side of the block, so you'll need to drain the coolant, remove the freeze out plug, install the block heater, route the cord, refill the coolant and purge the air out. If you have basic mechanical experience, it's not too bad.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:53 pm

There is the option of installing a stick on pad heater I nearly bought one last year but then got my garage bay back attached to the house and it does not drop below about 25F in ever in the garage so decided against it. Anyway I think the company is Wolverine heater if not mistaken and they work. You just need to make sure you get the proper size based on your oil sump capacity and you must make sure you install it properly.

I read a test recently and the car in question had an oil temp gauge and even at -25F the oil in the pan at start up was at 45F and that's a significant difference. The owner of the car stated much faster start up and the car came up to full temp much faster.

I don't recall the exact website but google Wolverine engine block heater.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”