2008 Pathfinder getting the radiator swap

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Shit that sucks. I just put the same radiator in my truck last month!

I'd start with the outfit you bought it from. Call them. If you have no luck, call spectra. Since you still have the box this means there should be a date code on it so they should be able to verify. Their website says 2 year warranty.

hesham1

Postby hesham1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:19 am

Maybe your credit card can help? Some credit cards double the warranty up to an additional year when you make the purchase using that card. I know some Amex cards do.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:46 am

If you have the order confirmation, you should have an order number. As mentioned, get in touch with the company from which you ordered the radiator as it should be covered under warranty.
My friend had an issue with a Denso radiator he got from Rockauto. Lasted maybe a month and it started leaking at a hairline crack in the lower tank. Surprised me because I've always had good luck with Denso parts.
I'll be going on four years on my $92 Ebay radiator. So far so good!
Last night, I put a Koyorad radiator in my 08 SE that I picked up for $50 from a member through our classifieds who no longer needed it (still strapped in the box). It went a whole lot easier in the 2008 than it did in the 2006! I'll have to have a look at the engine compartment in the 2006. Hopefully she'll stay trouble-free!

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Sorry for all your bad luck. I purchased my V8 08 pathy with 60K miles. And took here to 87k wirh same radiator. Noticed some oil buildup on the radiator cap. And took it to the dealership, scared that transmission oil was getting mixed with antifreeze. Lucky it was not. And they replaced the radiator with the new oem one. Since it had extended warranty.
Last 20k miles I had dual electric flex a lite fan system. No issues. But just dont like the way they make oem radiators with plastic on top and bottom. So at 103k miles i have went with dual core CSF all aluminum radiator that costs $350.
Plus have purchased custom made aluminum shroud with dual Spal electric fans. And also upgraded the stock trans cooler for an aftermarket cooler, which is same size as oem but has twice as much cooling plates.
V6 and V8 use same radiators from 08to12.
Yes I know this is not much help for you right now.
Just showing you other almost put it on and forget it options.

b3x02

Postby b3x02 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:31 am

forgottenzone wrote:Sorry for all your bad luck. I purchased my V8 08 pathy with 60K miles. And took here to 87k wirh same radiator. Noticed some oil buildup on the radiator cap. And took it to the dealership, scared that transmission oil was getting mixed with antifreeze. Lucky it was not. And they replaced the radiator with the new oem one. Since it had extended warranty.
Last 20k miles I had dual electric flex a lite fan system. No issues. But just dont like the way they make oem radiators with plastic on top and bottom. So at 103k miles i have went with dual core CSF all aluminum radiator that costs $350.
Plus have purchased custom made aluminum shroud with dual Spal electric fans. And also upgraded the stock trans cooler for an aftermarket cooler, which is same size as oem but has twice as much cooling plates.
V6 and V8 use same radiators from 08to12.
Yes I know this is not much help for you right now.
Just showing you other almost put it on and forget it options.

where you get radatior fans I need it

McMac

Postby McMac » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:04 pm

Skid plate wouldn't fit back in V8 with CSF/Stillen aluminum radiator- see link below.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=12333

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”