Positive ownership thread

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Positive ownership thread

Postby Kestral » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:03 am

I figured since I was the one to post the "What do you hate most thread" I figure it's time for a "Positive ownership thread"

I own a 2012 basic "S" model Pathfinder and I am quite fond of it. My likes..

I find it drives great it has a real good seating position much better then several SUV's I have owned. It seems to have excellent stability and control on the road and I have no complaints with the steering. I find the V6 has plenty of power for my needs as a matter of fact it pulled my 5,000 pound camper much better then I ever expected.

The truck is quite useful I use the truck for work and play loading it with several hundred pounds of copier machines or several kids and there ice hockey gear the truck manages quite well. "Although adding airbags to the rear suspension is a must if you plan on working the truck" no big deal.

The 4x4 on my 2012 works great and has saved me several times I have also pulled out several cars and trucks with mine.

The "Vehicle dynamic control" is a real good safety feature hopefully you will never need it but if and when you do it can save you I found that one out the hard way.

Overall I really like my 2012 Pathfinder I have about 40,000 trouble free miles so far and I hope with regular maintenance I can have many more years and miles.

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 am

I like it! Here I go...

I have a 2007 SE model. The interior is very nice. I love the modular way the seats fold down and have loaded some impressive things in the back and on the roofrails.
I appreciate the ABS and traction control mechanics. They've gotten me thru some pretty gnarly wintery situations and thru some self-imposed muddy situations. Now that I know whats going on, 4wd is really an option for the everyday snow stuff.
I frickin' love the stereo in mine. Its the stock Bose unit with the sub in the back and the amplifier for all speakers. Its really the best sounding OEM unit I've had in a vehicle. I understand that should the amp or speakers fail there's going to be an uphill battle to replace things, so I'm super careful about how I treat it.
I wouldnt need anything more out of the v6 or the transmission. I've pulled some decent loads, climbed some decent hills and taken it on a few roadtrips with no need for anything more. If I didnt know there was a v8 model a few years later...I'd be super happy with my truck in that regard.
All in all, I have no reason to get another SUV. That being said, I work at an auto-dealership and get tempted all the time. I still have the R51. That says something, I believe.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:46 am

Great power, fun to drive, has been very reliable in the 8+ years I've owned it, low cost of ownership.

We beat the crap out of this truck, I've used it to pull parts of buildings away, trees down, dump runs, home depot runs. And it also fits the family pretty well, without having to own a minivan!

I don't plan on getting rid of it, even at 270k kms. It will be a project truck hopefully in the future.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:20 pm

disallow wrote:Great power, fun to drive, has been very reliable in the 8+ years I've owned it, low cost of ownership.

We beat the crap out of this truck, I've used it to pull parts of buildings away, trees down, dump runs, home depot runs. And it also fits the family pretty well, without having to own a minivan!

I don't plan on getting rid of it, even at 270k kms. It will be a project truck hopefully in the future.
LoL .. Way to work that Pathy! I stuffed 10 cases of 50 pound copy paper in mine for a delivery today I am always working it! When I am finished with mine in several years I plan to keep it in the fleet. We can use the Pathfinder when there is no need to take the box truck for smaller delivery. The 4x4 will also be handy for bad weather days I will have my copier service crew take that to do service calls its much safer. We have also used it to pull our box truck out of snow and mud several times! ..lol

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:27 pm

When deciding to get a truck i can trash in the sand, fit the family, camping, biking gear and the odd move abouts...was caught between R51, Wrangler Unlimited, Xterra....this one won out for...space, flexible seating and cargo area setup, on road comfort and offroad performance... although i put in a 2" OME kit of which made a world of difference i have had almost 80000km of stress free driving apart from the last few weeks fighting with the Insurance approved mech to do a blown radiator and ending up doing a shoddy job...apart from that...super happy actually to a point that i considered getting a similar car but newer with rear cabin AC... sometimes we've gone dune bashing with the boys in Jeeps Xterras and FJs and they are surprised this mummy wagon(as they call it) keeps up with them...could do with cruise control and rear ac

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:27 pm

When deciding to get a truck i can trash in the sand, fit the family, camping, biking gear and the odd move abouts...was caught between R51, Wrangler Unlimited, Xterra....this one won out for...space, flexible seating and cargo area setup, on road comfort and offroad performance... although i put in a 2" OME kit of which made a world of difference i have had almost 80000km of stress free driving apart from the last few weeks fighting with the Insurance approved mech to do a blown radiator and ending up doing a shoddy job...apart from that...super happy actually to a point that i considered getting a similar car but newer with rear cabin AC... sometimes we've gone dune bashing with the boys in Jeeps Xterras and FJs and they are surprised this mummy wagon(as they call it) keeps up with them...could do with cruise control and rear ac

labsy

Postby labsy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:54 am

Here in my country car trucks and pickups are not what's usually seen on the road. So I cannot help, but it boosts my Ego a bit when my friends say "Here comes the Big Government Vehicle" :roll:

Pathfinder is really not a top-gun offroad vehicle, but with my bigger tires, an aggressive bulbar and a lot of additional lights on it it really looks great. Majestic. And that's how I feel driving it. :D

Return to “R51 General Chat”