Finished project: Lights re-wired with a Blue Sea Fuse Block

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

flat6symphony

Finished project: Lights re-wired with a Blue Sea Fuse Block

Postby flat6symphony » Fri May 27, 2016 1:06 pm

I was having some issues with my roof top lighting and because of my unorganized wiring I had a hard time troubleshooting them. So I decided to start from scratch and re-wire everything. This isn't much of a write up/tutorial I just figured I would share this for some inspiration for those thinking of taking on this type of project.

I got a bit carried away with the pictures... I also have plenty more so if you need a better view of anything just let me know.

To start, I purchased a Blue Sea Fuse Block and a pair of cheap LED lights for the rear. Then I put together a wiring diagram and then started with installing the switches.

The wiring to the switches runs through the firewall grommet on the driver side and the roof wiring runs just under the hood and into the cabin then under the passenger side door kick plates.

The wires come out through the top of the tailgate near the rear wiper sprayer. Its a bit messy because I sprayed some rubber leak seal on the area so it collects all sorts of dust and debris...

Front lights

I also added a side project and hardwired my radar detector and installed a DC converter for USB charging.

flat6symphony

Postby flat6symphony » Fri May 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Saving this spot for some pictures of the lights at night.

Return to “R51 Electrical”