Stereo install

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

2008PatherfinderS

Stereo install

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:56 pm

I need step by step instructions for installing a new stereo in my 2008 Pathfinder S. I know how to do the electrical, what I need to know is how to remove the bezel surrounding the radio and AC controls. This is the base model single CD radio.

Steve

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:17 am

Steve,

I am going to assume that the '08 is similar to an '05 on interior design. With that in mind, here are pics of how to do it. I hope this helps you.

First, you remove the little storage tray on top, above the radio. It snaps in with built in clips on all four corners. Gently pry up on it until the clips pop loose, as shown.

Remove the phillips screw in the center, from where you removed the tray, above the radio.

Gently pull out just the top portion of the console panel that is below the radio and goes around the shifter. It clips in too. You dont have to remove the entire console/ shift trim panel, just pull it out enough to make clearance for the lower lip of the radio/ ac trim panel... as shown in the picture.

The radio/ ac trim panel is also held in by clips. Pull it out. You should be able to remove it by hand, without prying.

As you pull out the whole panel, pay attention to the wires attached. The wires are for a/c controls, and your passenger air bag indicator. There may be other wires, depending on your Pfinders options.
You can unplug them, but be aware that your airbag light may need to be reset if you do. If you can get the panel out of the way enough for your needs, without unplugging the wires, it would probably be better.

There are four phillips screws holding in the radio bracket that holds the radio. Remove the screws. The radio assembly will come out now.

From this point. you said you knew the wiring. Good luck, have fun. Post pics when you are done. :wink:

2008PatherfinderS

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:08 pm

A big help thank you. I was reading up on it in the service manual, but it was more complicated than your directions. The service manual wanted me to remove the shifter knob, the center console etc etc, I didn't think it was all that necessary.

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Great illustrations, and great step by step on how to take the console apart. I'll keep this in mind if I ever put a new head unit in.

dkaydkay

Postby dkaydkay » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 am

thanks BMXPath. i was looking for this info too... hey 2008PatherfinderS.. any chance you can post that info on removing the center console?

i'm trying to add an ipod adaptor to the stock unit on my 08 S trim and want to run the controls to the armrest and need to get wires under the shifter and cupholders...

THANKS!!!

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:57 am

Carl has the service manuals at the top of the Pathfinder forums... Here is a link to the center console/instrument panel...
http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51/Service/IP.pdf

This will also help...
www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=65

Hope this helps........ Triffid

dkaydkay

Postby dkaydkay » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:45 am

thanks! i appreciate the help.

dkaydkay

Postby dkaydkay » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks for the help guys. Got into the dash fine, i didn't know if the stock stereo on the S trim 08PF had rca or antennae inputs for my ipod adaptor. It doesn't, so i'll start looking at other options. But, I would have mangled everything up without the help. Thanks again!

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

From previous experience and I hope I am not too late, don't disconnect the air bag light may cause it to give you an error later on.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”