Many (un?)related problems

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Muuarren

Many (un?)related problems

Postby Muuarren » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:50 pm

'05 Pathfinder ~165k miles - every option

My check engine light came on a couple months back. I had the 1774 code for the transmission but it wasn't acting up too badly so I have let it be for now.

but recently it has taken to stalling occasionally so I pulled the codes again and had the following:

P0447 : Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Open
P0340: Cam Position sensor bank 1
P0430: Catalyst Bank 2 under performing
P0455: Evap system Gross Leak

and then tonight while driving the slip indicator would light up and the VDC would be off and wouldn't respond to the button (I presume there was an common error that caused both of these lights to come on)

is there any possible common cause for some or all of these? it just seems so unlikely that so many seperate systems would fail almost simultaneously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is suddenly on the verge of being un-driveable.

Thanks

Matt

Flanker7

Postby Flanker7 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:56 am

I can't totally answer your question, but can tell you this. I got the P0447 and replaced the Evvap Emiss Canister, etc.
I also got the code P0340 and replace both Cam Position sensor banks.

The codes went away when I replaced them. I currently have O2 sensor codes throwing for the catalytics, but when i do an extended highway drive at speed, they "burn out" and the code goes away for a while.

I have no idea on the VDC.

Good luck,

Muuarren

Postby Muuarren » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Update

So i replaced the Cam position sensor (passenger side). The stalling has ceased and the VDC/SLIP lights do not come on anymore. I believe the lights were a function of the engine almost stalling and then coming back on causing some sort of confusion.

I have not gotten to the rest of the codes yet.

Thanks again

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:24 am

The stalling was likely caused by the cam sensor. When the ECM detects an engine management problem, it disables the traction control, which is why the slip light came on. Since the engine wasn't right because of the cam sensor, it could trigger the catalyst efficiency code.

If the vent control valve is not shutting when it's supposed to, it can trigger the vent control valve code and the gross evap leak codes. The vent control valve now has an updated design over the original part. There is also a TSB on installing a filter kit for the vent control valve when vent control valve codes are triggered. You should be able to find the TSB in the knowledge base section at NissanHelp.com.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”