2002 Brake Booster Check Valve

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

ammi

2002 Brake Booster Check Valve

Postby ammi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:00 pm

So I ended up getting a replacement brake booster because it failed (hissing sound when breaking/hard pedal). I'm not sure of the cause, maybe driving without a working check valve which is built into the hose. It was allowing air from both ends. Upon installing new booster and booster hose, got brake light on, still had stiff pedal feel without breaking power. Bled all the lines but no luck. I put my old booster hose and brakes were working fine again... except the brake light still on. Put the new hose, and hard pedal again. Took the new hose off and blew from both ends, both ends blocked. I should be able to blow booster to engine direction no?

Has anyone bought a generic hose, cut the hose in half and install a check valve in between hoses?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:22 pm

It's a one-way valve, so you should be able to blow through it one way and not the other.

ammi

Postby ammi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:16 pm

smj999smj wrote:It's a one-way valve, so you should be able to blow through it one way and not the other.
Yea that's what I thought. I'm wondering if anyone cut the hose in half and put an external check valve?

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”