Moderator: volvite

rodg

My Pathy

Postby rodg » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:59 am

Here is mine....

ImageImage

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:57 am

What's all involved in removing the stock mesh backing on the grill, in order to install that billet filling?

markspath

Postby markspath » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:18 pm

G35TR wrote:What's all involved in removing the stock mesh backing on the grill, in order to install that billet filling?
If I'm not mistaken, that particular kit goes over the stock grill. At least that's how all the kits I've looked at seem to install. Take a look at this selection on AutoAnything.com. I've bought lots of stuff for my Pathy from them and they've gone the extra yard for me in terms of customer service.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Hehe, I don't want a billet grill, but am interested in replacing the stock mesh with something a little tighter, like the OEM TRD grills.

markspath

Postby markspath » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:13 pm

Here's my rig (click for slideshow):

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:41 pm

I like your slide show. thats great you have traveled many places with your Pathy. Good for you.
everytime I see photos of amazing outdoor trips, it makes me want to get out and travel more. of course with the my Pathy.
THanks for sharing.

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:42 am

Both PFs look very nice. I want to do mine with chrome since my PF is black. Did you installed the bull guard or had it intalled and how much was it?

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 am

Hey MARKSPATH,

Very nice pics and journeys!
Question: How do you like the Grabbers AT2? They look aggressive on those pics. Can you tell us how they ride on road and off, mileage? I am thinking about changing out my BFG/AT. The BFG is a great tire, but way too rough due to being a E load rated, and I may have a buyer for it.

Thanks

markspath

Postby markspath » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:42 pm

ragpaoa wrote:Hey MARKSPATH,

Very nice pics and journeys!
Question: How do you like the Grabbers AT2? They look aggressive on those pics. Can you tell us how they ride on road and off, mileage? I am thinking about changing out my BFG/AT. The BFG is a great tire, but way too rough due to being a E load rated, and I may have a buyer for it.
I'm pretty happy with the AT2's, although I'm a little sorry that I didn't go up a size. They are noisier than the LongCrap tires that come OEM, but not so bad that it bothers me. They are a bit firmer and heavier than OEM, so you do feel sharp bumps a bit more.
I immediately noticed a big improvement just pulling out of my driveway. I've got a real steep incline -- about 5' drop 15' of run -- and I'd regularly spin a wheel backing up into the street. This never happens with the AT2's unless I'm being too impatient. :oops:

I wasn't fastidious about watching my fuel economy, but I don't think its made any difference. Certainly no more than 1/2 MPG, if any.

I had no problem on sand or rock in Moab, and they do well in the mud in the NJ Piney's. We won't get any snow for a couple of months so I can't say how they'll do in winter weather, but they are more siped than the BFG/AT's and they are well rated on TireRack.com, so I'm hoping for good performance this winter.

I've got about 10K miles on them now and they are wearing good, even after pulling the trailer cross country. But I do rotate them every oil change.

Best thing of all, they were half the price of the BFG's. I got them at a local tire shop (a real old-fashioned tire shop, not a shiny-new franchise) for just over $400 for the set of 4 with mounting and balancing. This was cheaper than TireRack's price before delivery and installation. Plus I got a $50 mail-in rebate, which brought the net total to under $400.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”