Schrockworks bumpers

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Schrockworks bumpers

Postby Gray » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:28 pm

I contacted Schrockworks in Texas and spoke to Kevin who checked to confirm that the front bumper listed for the 05+ Frontiers will also fit 05+ PF's. Unfortunately Shrockworks doesn't do custom bumpers in T6 aluminum for weight reduction but at about 135 lbs the steel bumpers including lower radiator skid plate aren't too bad;

http://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Front ... 16152.html

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Look here:

This is from my 2005 Pathy, now a 2008.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

I transferred everything to the 2008 Pathy except the bumper.
I am heading to ARB later this month. They have a Sahara BullBar for me to try out to see if it fits the US models.

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:58 pm

^^ That's a nice Pathy.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Thx MCM. I'm currently trying to get my 2008 Pathy the same way. I have transferred the skids and sliders but not the bull bar. ARB has one waiting for me in WA, but I have yet to drive up there for them to test since I am here in San Diego.

socal4x

Postby socal4x » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:50 pm

-Ragpaoa---keep us informed on the ARB bar...I'm very interested...

By the way, do you get the bumper for "free" if they use your vehicle as a test bed? I have been trying with little success to get Borla to do that for me since they are close to where I live.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:03 pm

Definitely, I'll keep you posted. I have a business partner in Seattle, so I travel there often from San Diego, but I only drive maybe twice a year, so I'm due for my next trip soon.

Nah, didn't get the bumper for free, but I'd say maybe a little more than cost. It was a great bumper, and it was SOLID. Only reason I'm going with the ARB this time is because it's another test fitting to see if it will fit the US model Pathy, so yes, another good deal.

On a side note, ARB tried testing with my Pathy the ARB air locker for the rear. Unfortunately, the US Pathys have a 2.94, 3.13, and 3.36 ratios, and the rest of the world gets a 3.538 and 3.692 ratios. The ring and pinion on our diffs are 4-5mm too thick but everything else fits fine. I have ideas to make it fit but maybe next year. We'll see.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:38 am

I think I'm going with the Schrockworks bumper... Even my wife likes it!!!! :lol: ............ Triffid

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Triffid, you won't go wrong the the Shrockworks bumper. You won't be dissappointed.

Since you have the OR model, get at least the Transmission skids first since you already have the oil/tranfer/gas skids (although nothing compared to the Shrock, but at least it's something). This way, you could spend the money on the Sliders. The Shrock bumper comes with the radiator skids, and they are bullet proof (I have hit rocks pretty much head on. Scratches but no dents).
Bottom line, to save a bit on cost, get the Bumper, Sliders, and Transmission skidplate.

Also, I have an extra oil/diff skid and gas tank if you want them. I was supposed to send them back to Kevin @ Shrock, but he asks if I can sell them on the forum first. They are both brand new (part of the testing for them). Are you interested? I don't want to make any money off of them. I rather see them put to good use.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:26 am

ragpaoa wrote: Also, I have an extra oil/diff skid and gas tank if you want them. I was supposed to send them back to Kevin @ Shrock, but he asks if I can sell them on the forum first. They are both brand new (part of the testing for them). Are you interested? I don't want to make any money off of them. I rather see them put to good use.
If he doesn't, then I will! Seriously. Heavy duty skids are more of a priority for me than anything else at this point. Let me know & I can mail you off a check to cover shipping & a personal "service charge" to cover your time and effort.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 am

Hi Steve,

I apologize. I should've posted it here a while back, but it wasn't originally up for sale since it was to help Shrockworks in fitting. Now Kevin @ Shrock is asking if I can sell it for him. Since I already told TRIFFID, I am honoring him first right of refusal. But I'll let you know.

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 pm

ragpaoa wrote:Look here:

This is from my 2005 Pathy, now a 2008.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

I transferred everything to the 2008 Pathy except the bumper.
I am heading to ARB later this month. They have a Sahara BullBar for me to try out to see if it fits the US models.
Ragpaoa, did you ever test-fit the bumper on your 08? I've heard that the V8's have a bigger front clip than the V6's do and was curious if that would end up causing fit problems...

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:18 pm

dmasini, hmmm... no, I didn't test. What do you mean by the 'front clips'?
The Shrockworks attach directly to the frame and my initial visual inpection show that everything else appears the same as the V6 model. I'll take a close look again.
I do know that the V8 is 2 inch longer though, but where it gains the difference, I don' know. All the other Shrock skids and skliders fit just like the V6.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:47 am

ragpaoa wrote:What do you mean by the 'front clips'?
Unless I'm way off base the front fenders, hood, bumper, grill, rad support of a vehicle is typically referred to as the "front clip".

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Ah, if that's the case, I don't see any fit problems at all. The mounts on the frame are the same and the bumper distance is the same. I have the Shrock radiator skids, and it woudn't fit properly if it were different. The radiator skid is a good indicator if the bumper would fit or not since it uses almost the same mounting points up front as the bumper.

I still don't know where the 2" came from, but my wife's not complainin' :wink: (Okay, bad joke)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”