UK window regulator replacement

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

typical_bloke

UK window regulator replacement

Postby typical_bloke » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:31 am

Hello all. I have a UK 2006 pathfinder adventura and wondered if anyone has seen this problem.
Recently the driver window started to stick then eventually jammed down. After removing the interior trim I found the cable had frayed and was jamming the pulley. I removed the regulator and window then used wire cutters to trim off the tangled bits of cable and replaced the assembly. This worked fine as a temporary fix but the cable is just fraying and catching again.

I couldn't find a pathfinder regulator for sale cheao but have got hold of a regulator from a navara. The part looks the same except from the motor is different.

Before fitting it inside the door I tried plugging it into the wiring block to make sure it was a working part. But as soon as the motor gets power it spins the window lift all the way down and the window switch does nothing to move the motor either way.

So I'm wondering if this is simply due to a different motor or is there some button trickery that can be reset or changed?

Or has anyone tried to see if pathfinder and navara window regulators are interchangeable or had any experience swapping the motor on the regulator?

Return to “R51 Electrical”