2006 Pathfinder Amplifier & Subwoofers Install

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

MarkSheriff

2006 Pathfinder Amplifier & Subwoofers Install

Postby MarkSheriff » Thu May 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Here is how i did my door speaker amp, subwoofer amp and crossover install. my goal was to keep all functionalities of the car including folding seats and keeping the third row accessible.

here i removed the passenger seat, marked and measured out a piece of cardboard to get a rough estimate of how i need to cut the 1/4" sheet of mdf i got to mount the amp, crossover and distribution block (keeping wire routes and floor vents in mind):

traced the cardboard cutout to my sheet of 1/4" mdf:

cut the mdf & it fits perfect!:

leveled the mdf out:

mounted everything to the mdf:

test fit:

wired up:

and the subwoofers (the amp for this is under the driver seat, which i have not created a mounting board or anything for yet because i might get a different amp) :
Last edited by MarkSheriff on Fri May 20, 2016 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Thu May 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Wow real nice work!

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 am

Really noce setup good job.
Have you thought about running an agm deep cycle battery with your system?
Ill try and get a picture of my setup.

MarkSheriff

Postby MarkSheriff » Fri May 20, 2016 7:36 am

Thupertrooper wrote:Really noce setup good job.
Have you thought about running an agm deep cycle battery with your system?
Ill try and get a picture of my setup.
Thank you!, i might upgrade the battery later on because i do see the voltage meter fluctuate when the bass hits really deep on rap songs. I dont get any dimling lights though, i have upgraded all engine/battery grounds to 0 gauge and have yet to do the alternator to battery + in 0 gauge

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri May 20, 2016 8:34 am

I will be trying another battery next to the amps for both audio/camping so i can drain the spare battery.

I have to clean up my setup its a mess i cant fold up my seats after i installed the box.

MarkSheriff

Postby MarkSheriff » Fri May 20, 2016 9:55 am

Thupertrooper wrote:I will be trying another battery next to the amps for both audio/camping so i can drain the spare battery.

I have to clean up my setup its a mess i cant fold up my seats after i installed the box.
Nice i would love to see your setup and progress so far. Yeah i wanted full accessibilty to folding seats and such so i made sure everything fits right, we dont have much trunk space in the pathy anyway so i used the whole trunk for the subs and all rows of seats accesible

2012WhiteR514x4S

Great Job!

Postby 2012WhiteR514x4S » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:45 pm

Your wire work is great and the overall quality is on the money.

I stumbled upon this forum and this post for the answer to one simple question: How big of an amp can I fit under the passenger seat?

I'm not looking to do anything huge, but I am considering a 5 channel amp. I only want a single 10in or 12 in sub in the back because I need all the space back there I can get. Probably along the lines of: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSX2502 ... X2502.html

So, if you don't mind, how big of an amp can I fit under there. If i need to I'll put the sub amp under the driver's seat, but I'm not dealing with much power and I hope to find a 5ch that will fit.

Also, the leveled MDF cutout is genius! If you have that template saved somewhere holy crap that would be great to share as well. :)

Thanks and again, good work!

MarkSheriff

Re: Great Job!

Postby MarkSheriff » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:50 pm

2012WhiteR514x4S wrote:Your wire work is great and the overall quality is on the money.
thanks for the compliments!
since i did not save any templates or so, i just went under the seat and remeasured for you:

under the passenger seat:
from the front of the seat to the back of the seat you have 10.5" available
from the left of the seat to the right of the seat you have 14" available
max height of any equipment is 3.5"

these numbers include space left for seat wire harnesses or floor vents.

Return to “R51 Electrical”