Noise from speakers and waves in my display

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Bozios89

Noise from speakers and waves in my display

Postby Bozios89 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:04 pm

So I used a LOC to keep my original radio for my 2012 Pathfinder. At first I was getting a buzzing noise that increased as i accelerated and decreased as decelerrated. I fixed that by ungrounding my LOC.

Now I have a high pitched noise that rises regardless of whether Im accelerating or not. It goes up and down at a steady pace. I also get waves on my display. Almost like its picking up a frequency or something. They happen simultaneously. Weird thing is, I never know when its going to start . They could start after 5 mins of driving or an hour of driving. Its different every time. Any ideas?

offroad_path

Re: Noise from speakers and waves in my display

Postby offroad_path » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Bozios89 wrote:So I used a LOC to keep my original radio for my 2012 Pathfinder. At first I was getting a buzzing noise that increased as i accelerated and decreased as decelerrated. I fixed that by ungrounding my LOC.

Now I have a high pitched noise that rises regardless of whether Im accelerating or not. It goes up and down at a steady pace. I also get waves on my display. Almost like its picking up a frequency or something. They happen simultaneously. Weird thing is, I never know when its going to start . They could start after 5 mins of driving or an hour of driving. Its different every time. Any ideas?
Not sure if this is related, but I find that sometimes when my phone is in the vent mount right next to the stereo head unit, the navi locks up.
I have a 2008 LE. Move the phone away, and all seems ok again.
Just like yours, comes and goes. My best guess is issues when the phone is increasing transmitting power (say jumping from a base station)

Return to “R51 Electrical”