Differences Between SE, LE, and XE?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

EvilDarkCow

Differences Between SE, LE, and XE?

Postby EvilDarkCow » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Let me start this off by saying that this is my first post here, and I'm happy to be here.

I took my 1996 Pathfinder in today for an inspection (I'm preparing for a long road trip an didn't want to take any chances) and the guy at the shop asked me if it's an SE, LE, or XE. I had to tell him "I don't know", and I felt pretty stupid.

What is the difference between the three models, and what do they include?

Matt

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:48 pm

They are trim levels. XE is generally described as "nicely equipped." They will usually be equipped with steel wheels, cloth seats, manual climate control, black (as opposed to painted) bumpers, black (as opposed to chrome) mirrors, no fog lamps...however, some of those items can be added on as dealer accessories. LE is the luxury model; it is close to if not fully loaded with alloy wheels, usually a sun roof, leather seats, auto climate control, top of the line radio (usually Bose). SE is the sport level; they usually have alloy wheels, usually cloth seats with leather optional, optional sun roof and external tire rack. Price-wise, the SE usually sits between the XE and LE models.

EvilDarkCow

Postby EvilDarkCow » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Mine has metal wheels, black bumpers, black mirrors, manual climate control, and cloth seats, leading me to believe it's an XE, but it also has fog lamps and an external tire rack. The receipt from the shop says XE.

This isn't a picture of mine, but it's very similar. As you can see here, this one lacks the fog lamps and external tire. Mine also has running boards down the sides. I'll take pics of mine tomorrow, it's too dark now.

I know it's not an LE, I don't have a sunroof or a Bose stereo.

Matt

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:30 am

It's an XE.

Jun

Postby Jun » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:34 pm

I have the same model but with the external tire rack. My question is do the side trims/moldings from lets a SE or LE a direct fit?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:56 am

Yes. I'm pretty sure you could get them as a dealer option.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”