Transmission will not go into gear (Shifter moves)

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

LGM737

Transmission will not go into gear (Shifter moves)

Postby LGM737 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:04 pm

I am sorry if this is a repeat post however, I am new to the forum and in need of some guidance. I have an automatic, 2006 Pathfinder, 4x2. Today, after I drove the car with no issues nor strange noises, I got back into the car, turned the engine on, moved the shifter to reverse to back out of my driveway but, the transmission did not into gear. I tried all the other gears with no luck. The shifter moves however, the transmission stays in park. The engine light is not on, the transmission has fluid, the brake lights and the brake solenoid work. Any suggestions or ideas? Through some of my research, I read some information about the transmission not being able to go into gear because the battery voltage may be low? Don't know if this is accurate but, I am trying a new battery tomorrow since my current battery is about 3 years old. Any advice and/or guidance is highly appreciated!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”