EOBD2 Elm327 wifi scan tool

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Seabhac

EOBD2 Elm327 wifi scan tool

Postby Seabhac » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:11 am

Hi folks, im looking for a wifi scan tool (EOBD2 Elm327) for use on a Nissan Pathfinder 2.5 Diesel 2005. I have seen many on eBay but the list of Nissan cars on there with these dongles don't list my Pathy. Could anyone point me in the right direction for a wifi dongle that can do the job for me please? I have 4WD light, ESP Off, ABS and the slippery road symbol illuminated. I guess it's the sensor or the wire leading to it on the rear ABS but I'd like to have a look at everything going on with my machine before I bring it for its annual test. I'd appreciate any info, thanks.

patrickm

Postby patrickm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:22 pm

i got an ELM327 off amazon (bluetooth), and it works fine with the pathfinder and had also worked on my GM, honda, and jeeps. i use the torque app on android. the other cheap OBD2 adapters should also work ok... amazon prime is usually going to get it to you faster than ebay. and you could take it to a local auto parts store and most will check it free.

i'm not sure that combination of lights is necessarily the ABS. I think i had a similar set on a failing battery cable connection, and you may also want to search some of the other things (like the cam position sensors and such) that also trigger multiple warning lights.

Seabhac

Postby Seabhac » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:43 am

That's what I figured. I'm going to check the sensors and sensor cables and give them a clean. The battery was dead also when I bought the car. A strange thing I noticed, I have to do this check again, I wanted to check the 2WD AUTO 4WDL and 4WDH more thoroughly. I drove slowly on dry Tarmac. It got grippy in a small arc in 4wdh and 4wdl. Like its diff locked. The weird thing is AUTO felt exactly like 4wdh. My understanding is that AUTO should be like 2wd except sending power to the other wheels when needed. Anyone ever come across this? The light showing which mode the wheels are in doesn't indicate whether the Pathfinder is in 2wd or other.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”