Coolant Color From My Truck - Green or Blue?? PIC

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

jhg120

Coolant Color From My Truck - Green or Blue?? PIC

Postby jhg120 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:38 pm

I think what I have is blue, but it could be dirty green with age?? My eyesight is not the best, so I'm asking the pro's.

In the pic the obvious green is on the right, what is in my truck is on the left. Is it blue or green??

If it is blue, I have a free, opened but unused gallon of green if someone near Raleigh, NC wants it.

Thanks

labsy

Postby labsy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:20 am

AFAIK Pathfinder uses BLUE coolant, but have read about OEM installs with GREEN, too. Also users and manuals report no issued mixing the two, except of shortened life of coolant itself.

From your picture I guess you have BLUE one inside, so I would stick with that color.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:48 pm

labsy wrote:AFAIK Pathfinder uses BLUE coolant, but have read about OEM installs with GREEN, too. Also users and manuals report no issued mixing the two, except of shortened life of coolant itself.

From your picture I guess you have BLUE one inside, so I would stick with that color.
Nissan was using green in the US prior to 2010. In 2010, they started phasing in the blue coolant on certain models, but I'm just not sure when they started making the switch on the Pathfinder. Like you said, they are cross-compatible. Both are made by Pentosin...Pentofrost A2 green and Pentofrost A3 blue, respectively.

jhg120

Postby jhg120 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 pm

It was blue. SMJ had a brilliant idea to pull some liquid out and put in a clear container.....genius.

Topped off with almost 2 quarts!!!!! I then burped it....volcano hot heat even at idle. Thanks again!!

Hopefully it wasn't so low because of a leak, but I inspected as much of the engine, under carriage as I could, and didn't see any signs. Time will tell.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”