ABS, Handbrake, Anti-skid, 4WD warning lights on dashboard

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Kelvin Ogega

ABS, Handbrake, Anti-skid, 4WD warning lights on dashboard

Postby Kelvin Ogega » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Hello

I have a NISSAN PATHFINDER 2009/10 2.5 dCi 171 Tekna with a diesel engine. When you switch on the car the ABS, Handbrake, Anti-skid and 4WD warning lights appear on the dash and they persist. They never go off The car also loses power and its acceleration is slow.

Anyone who has experienced this kind of a problem. Kindly help me sove it

Thank you

Kelvin

:?: :?: :?: :?: :x :x :x :x

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:37 am

You need to start by getting the abs codes read using a capable scan tool. Without knowing what the codes are, it is hard to help you.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:21 am

kevin niaje brathe... as above either DT-Dobie to read you the codes and tell you what they want to replace(raid your wallet)...other option is try your luck with the import car dealers some of them may have a scan tool that may and as mentioned above that could exactly you are dealing with....

Kelvin Ogega

Postby Kelvin Ogega » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:54 am

smj999smj wrote:You need to start by getting the abs codes read using a capable scan tool. Without knowing what the codes are, it is hard to help you.
I went and had a diagnosis done and here are the codes i was given at the garage

P1212 indicating a problem in ABS/TCS Communication Line

P1721 indicating a problem in VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR MTR

U1000 CAN Communication Line

Suggest what i should do

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 pm

There is obviously a communication problem in the Controlled Area Network (CAN). CAN is a way of multiple control units to communicate with each other via a pair of twisted wires between them. In other words, the ECM,ABS control unit, TCM, cluster, 4WD control unit, BCM, etc., all "talk to" each other. Sometimes this issues can be caused by a poor battery connection or charging system issue, which is easy enough to check. However, if it is more than that, it will require a capable scan tool and an auto technician who has experience in CAN system problems. The best place would likely be a Nissan dealer.
To break down the codes, the U1000 is a general code for a CAN communication problem. The P1212 is an ABS/TCS communication problem, which could be caused by a weak battery, a bad ABS actuator/control unit assembly, or a shorted or open circuit or bad connection in the ABS actuator/control unit circuit. It is triggered when the ECM is not receiving continuous information from the ABS system. The P1721 is for a problem with the vehicle speed sensor monitor in which the TCM does not get a proper signal from the cluster via CAN communication. This can be caused by the speed sensor circuit being shorted or open.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”