Basic suspension upgrades

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

colpic101

Basic suspension upgrades

Postby colpic101 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:39 am

Hello,

Recently I bought a 2004 Pathy. There is a significant amount of weight in the back, the vehicle is raking like mad. Recently at a weighing station I found that she is riding about 90 kilos from the max payload (TARE) reccomended by nissan.

I am not looking to jack this thing up to the sky, in fact I hope to keep the vehicle looking as stock as possible but reinforce the suspension sufficiently to withstand the abuse of moderate offroading with that much weight.

There are few springs on the market, only two brands MOOG and OME seem to offer springs and of those two only OME offers springs made for heavier payload. They say that they can be swapped in without any modification to the vehicle.

https://www.carid.com/arb/1-25-ome-rear ... rl=1375997

The MOOG springs (p/n: 81115) are basically just a stock replacment.

My final questions are, what are some reasonable suspension upgrades without spending a fortune?
Is OME a reliable brand, are there any other brands which might be a better option?
Should I bother replacing the struts, suspension bearings and which bushings should be replaced with a spring and bumper bound replacement.... etc?
Is it acceptable to replace only the rear springs and bump stops and nothing else?

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks ahead of time![/img]

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”