Exhaust tip

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

falcondrgn

Exhaust tip

Postby falcondrgn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:03 am

Hello all,

Did anyone put an exhaust tip on their R51 pathfinders? if so which ones would fit and look the best and where did u purchase them? i found some on ebay but dont really know how it would fit. If anyone has pictures that would be even better. Thanks so much!

markspath

Re: Exhaust tip

Postby markspath » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:01 pm

falcondrgn wrote:Did anyone put an exhaust tip on their R51 pathfinders? if so which ones would fit and look the best and where did u purchase them? i found some on ebay but dont really know how it would fit. If anyone has pictures that would be even better. Thanks so much!
Serious waste of money. Save up, go to a custom exhaust shop, and do a cat-back with a high-flow muffler to eliminate the restriction present in the OEM exhaust. All a tip is going to do is give you some bling -- at least until it turns black, rusts or falls (or gets knocked) off.

falcondrgn

Re: Exhaust tip

Postby falcondrgn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:25 pm

The only route for an exhaust system for the R51 is with a custom exhaust? I see some exhaust systems on ebay for the r51 which is bolt on. Will these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gibson-E ... ccessories

MARKSPATH wrote:
falcondrgn wrote:Did anyone put an exhaust tip on their R51 pathfinders? if so which ones would fit and look the best and where did u purchase them? i found some on ebay but dont really know how it would fit. If anyone has pictures that would be even better. Thanks so much!
Serious waste of money. Save up, go to a custom exhaust shop, and do a cat-back with a high-flow muffler to eliminate the restriction present in the OEM exhaust. All a tip is going to do is give you some bling -- at least until it turns black, rusts or falls (or gets knocked) off.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 am

I have the Gibson system (the stainless one) on my '05 and it has worked very well... I think it works better with a cold air intake... See my pics below............ Triffid

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:27 am

Nice Truck! Did you feel any gain in hp? how is the low end hp with the exhaust? Is the exhaust loud?
Triffid wrote:I have the Gibson system (the stainless one) on my '05 and it has worked very well... I think it works better with a cold air intake... See my pics below............ Triffid

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 am

I think the two systems (intake & exhaust) work well together... The truck is more responsive and much better at higher RPM's... The exhaust is not loud at all (more noise from the intake) :D ... Hope this helps and good luck!.......... Triffid

markspath

Postby markspath » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:59 pm

I didn't mean to imply there wasn't an off-the-shelf solution, but I've heard from a few people that the Gibson kit isn't all that good.

Also, just about anything new listed on eBay can be purchased 10% cheaper elsewhere if you do some research. eBay's fees and policies guarantee this.
For example, the same aluminized Gibson kit for R51's you linked to is $337 with free shipping from AutoAnything.com. I've bought a bunch of stuff from AutoAnything and they've almost always had the best price, and they have great customer service.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:24 am

Thank you all very much for your inputs, I actually love autoanything also, I have ordered a few stuff from there but didnt realize they sell exhaust systems. Thank you all once again.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”