Rear window water seepage.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

KEVSTER

Rear window water seepage.

Postby KEVSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:17 pm

I have a 08 Pathy 2800 MILES.. and noticed today after it sat in a good rain storm water was inside of rear window just below the 3rd brake light seal and trickled down on 2 areas. :shock: anyone ever see this problem? I have never noticed this when I hand wash the Pathy.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:02 pm

SilverGhost

Re: Rear window water seepage.

Postby SilverGhost » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:04 pm

KEVSTER wrote:I have a 08 Pathy 2800 MILES.. and noticed today after it sat in a good rain storm water was inside of rear window just below the 3rd brake light seal and trickled down on 2 areas. :shock: anyone ever see this problem? I have never noticed this when I hand wash the Pathy.
Happens to a lot of us. My '06 is due for a rear window gasket changeout because of this. Remains to be seen if that resolves the problem. Seems to be a pretty common complaint with the R51.

Npath

Re: Rear window water seepage.

Postby Npath » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:39 pm

KEVSTER wrote:I have a 08 Pathy 2800 MILES.. and noticed today after it sat in a good rain storm water was inside of rear window just below the 3rd brake light seal and trickled down on 2 areas. :shock: anyone ever see this problem? I have never noticed this when I hand wash the Pathy.
Yes, I've had that problem. Fortunately, it went away when I first saw it leaking as I was driving in the rain.

I'd give the entire seal and glass contact a good wipe with just a cloth. If it happens again, to the stealership it goes.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:06 pm

I haven't encountered any water leakage at all, but I have encountered massive dirt build up after every offroad trip so far. The upper portion of the gasket is the worst:

Everything looks fine in the photo above, but when you pull the gasket forward, tons of dirt. This is after I cleaned most of it out (it was much worse-2nd cleaning required using a key to scrape it out). It's kind of a bitch, because whatever I scrape out, no matter how careful I am, most of the dirt ends up in the interior:

Who knows, maybe all the dirt is pushing the gasket tighter against the rear window? At least for me. Anyone else run across this?

Npath

Postby Npath » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:00 pm

NVSteve wrote:I haven't encountered any water leakage at all, but I have encountered massive dirt build up after every offroad trip so far.

Who knows, maybe all the dirt is pushing the gasket tighter against the rear window? At least for me. Anyone else run across this?
Wow, that's a great find! I'll have to do a quick look at my seal and clean the area up, if needed to.

I've been thinking for a while when someone will make up a seal so water does not drip or run into the cargo area.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:23 am

NVSteve wrote:Who knows, maybe all the dirt is pushing the gasket tighter against the rear window? At least for me. Anyone else run across this?
i noticed that mine collected seeds and leaf stems from the trees around me. not too much hard packed dirt, but some of the hard seeds and what-not definitely make the window seals leak.

~mike

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”