2005 Pathfinder questions

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Whatha20

2005 Pathfinder questions

Postby Whatha20 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:45 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum here. In about 2 week I should be getting an SE off-road Pathy. The one I am looking at is going for 16,900 with 21k on the clock. Does this sound like a good price? I was also wondering if all off-road models come with the locking rear diff. I thought they did, but in the pictures I don't see a button to engage it. Does it automatically come on? My last question has to do with the heated seats. ONly the LE comes with them right? Would it be hard to retrofit them to the OR model? I am coming from a VW and have grown fond of being warm on the front and the back, haha, thanks guys!

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:12 am

No locking rear diff, Only available on the Frontiers and Xterras SAS vs IRS like on the Path. The leather packages (Avail on SE SE-OR and LE) should come with heated seats although you can purchase and after market kit and install it yourself like I did. The install doesn't take too much time. Just be careful opening up the seats as the exposed metal will be ridiculously sharp (wear mechanics gloves if you got em).

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:06 am

It sucks that PF did not come with a Locker for the rear. One thing Nissan has for us is what they call ABLS. When one tire is spinning and the other has traction the ABLS put braking power to the wheel that is spinning and sends the power to the wheel with traction. ( actuly works well )

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:46 pm

yeah only the leather packages have the heated seats... i have them in my OR...

if you dont have the heated seats i guess it can be retrofitted but yeah wear the gloves! i sliced the skin off the back of my hand while looking for my cell phone under the seat.

V8supercarsrock

Postby V8supercarsrock » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:23 am

Hi folks,

ARB in Australia does a rear airlocker for the R51 Pathy. have a look at www.arb.com.au even though the website does not mention it specifically I have spoken directly with them here in Australia and they are definitely available cost approx $1600 AUD with the current exchange rate you guys in the states could prob pick one up for less than $1000 USD :wink:

Cheers
David

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”