WATER IN FOG LIGHTS.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

WATER IN FOG LIGHTS.

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:12 am

anyone experience condensation in there fog lights? my 06 has it. i thought it was just the cheap yellow bulbs so i cleaned the moisture out and reinstall the oem bulbs. still condensation, guess i gotta go to nissan to warranty.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:41 am

Jah check the seals on the Fog light assembly after you took them apart?

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:36 pm

i was going to take them apart, but decided to go to nissan and have them change them. the truck is still under warranty :D .

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:01 pm

JAHBLESSINGS wrote:i was going to take them apart, but decided to go to nissan and have them change them. the truck is still under warranty :D .
I had mine replaced during the first week I owned the truck. Don't know if it was actually condensation in mine . . . they just had a smokey gray film on the inside of the lenses. My dealer didn't question the replacement - just stuck in a new set.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi,

I also had condensation in my driver side foglights only not the passenger side. Does anyone know what warranty this falls under? I have a 2005 pathfinder with under 20,000 miles. Do you guys think I can ask the dealer to replace the driver side foglights for free? I took apart the foglight today and cleaned the insides with windex and dried it afterwards, I hope the condensation doesn't come back. I did not find any broken seals upon examination of the foglight after I took it out though, it seems to be sealed pretty well and I was surprised the lense was glass, or some kind of heavy plastic. Thanks so much.

SilverGhost wrote:
JAHBLESSINGS wrote:i was going to take them apart, but decided to go to nissan and have them change them. the truck is still under warranty :D .
I had mine replaced during the first week I owned the truck. Don't know if it was actually condensation in mine . . . they just had a smokey gray film on the inside of the lenses. My dealer didn't question the replacement - just stuck in a new set.

NathanJax

Postby NathanJax » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 am

falcondrgn wrote:Hi,

I also had condensation in my driver side foglights only not the passenger side. Does anyone know what warranty this falls under? I have a 2005 pathfinder with under 20,000 miles. Do you guys think I can ask the dealer to replace the driver side foglights for free?
I'm pretty sure this would fall under the 3yr 36k warranty.

You are under the mileage, but i guess it depends on exactly when you got it and if the people at your dealership are nice or not...

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:27 am

Great thanks for your help. I will see if the condensation comes back since I just cleaned the insides and dried it pretty well. U would assume that having the foglights on will automatically dry out any condensation in there and keep it dry but i guess thats not the case. Thanks for your reply.

NathanJax wrote:
falcondrgn wrote:Hi,

I also had condensation in my driver side foglights only not the passenger side. Does anyone know what warranty this falls under? I have a 2005 pathfinder with under 20,000 miles. Do you guys think I can ask the dealer to replace the driver side foglights for free?
I'm pretty sure this would fall under the 3yr 36k warranty.

You are under the mileage, but i guess it depends on exactly when you got it and if the people at your dealership are nice or not...

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:42 am

it doesn't hurt to try to see if the warranty is still good with your truck. are you the original owner. if you are you should check what date it came off the lot. the sold date is when the warranty becomes effective. good luck.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:45 am

Hi,

I unfortunately am not the original owner. Doesn't the warranty transfer automatically? The guy I bought the truck from also has the upgraded gold or platinum warranty I believe. Do these automatically transfer to the new owner?

JAHBLESSINGS wrote:it doesn't hurt to try to see if the warranty is still good with your truck. are you the original owner. if you are you should check what date it came off the lot. the sold date is when the warranty becomes effective. good luck.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 pm

it should. stop by your local dealer to see if it is covered. if not get another opinion.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Great thanks for your reply!

JAHBLESSINGS wrote:it should. stop by your local dealer to see if it is covered. if not get another opinion.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”