Problems with my IPDM

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

thetiger

Problems with my IPDM

Postby thetiger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:59 pm

So I been having some problems with my PF for the past two weekends. During the day the PF works fine and by night it stalls and then it won't start. Every time I tried to start the PF the engine would vibrate (kinda like is running out of gas) and when I pressed down the accelerator it stalls. Took it to the dealership and it turns out the IPDM is bad and for $500 :shock: they can fix it :cry: but I don't know what to do. So my option is to take it and fix it or buy it and fix it my self which will cost me $250 plus the diagnostics because my warranty expired two months ago :cry: :cry: :cry:

Have any of you had this problem before and did you fixed it? If you did how did it go? :roll:

HillbillyJake

Problems with my IPDM

Postby HillbillyJake » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:38 pm

I would raise a stink at the dealership and ask them how much they like having me as a customer. your warrenty expired a few weeks ago i am sure they can fudge numbers to have it covered. ask them what this says for thier product. cant hurt give it a shot.

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:46 pm

The funny thing is that I did it and it did not help. However I did tell them that the PF better not fail otherwise they will pay to fix it while I enjoy a free rental. 8) He didn't like that but what is one left to do. :wink:

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:58 pm

I dont know. thats what I did when i had the transmission replaced in my wifes ford car and ford picked up some of the repair costs. the car was out of warrenty timewise but not milage.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Problems with my IPDM

Postby disallow » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:15 pm

thetiger wrote:So I been having some problems with my PF for the past two weekends. During the day the PF works fine and by night it stalls and then it won't start. Every time I tried to start the PF the engine would vibrate (kinda like is running out of gas) and when I pressed down the accelerator it stalls. Took it to the dealership and it turns out the IPDM is bad and for $500 :shock: they can fix it :cry: but I don't know what to do. So my option is to take it and fix it or buy it and fix it my self which will cost me $250 plus the diagnostics because my warranty expired two months ago :cry: :cry: :cry:

Have any of you had this problem before and did you fixed it? If you did how did it go? :roll:
normally the line of reasoning I use with the dealer if just out of warranty is that I noticed problems before the warranty expired. If you can convince them that there was an issue during the warranty period (ie you had them look at it for similar issue), they are more likely to cover.

Short of that, a call to Nissan USA may be in order if the dealer won't budge. Or find a different dealer. You'd think these days they would be hungry to keep customers happy and coming back to buy more vehicles.

t

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:54 pm

You would think they want to keep their costumers happy but instead they drive them away. Over here they stop doing service on Saturday, and they did try to sell me a new one. Trading mine at this time I would end up with negative numbers that would transfer to the new one... :x that happen to me once and don't plan on making the same mistake.

Anyway, I told them it has only been a couple of months since it expired and that I had a month or so noticed how sometimes it would lack power but it did not work. I called the other dealer but they told me the same.

Needless to say I payed the 500 to get it fix :cry: but not before speaking to the service guy about how piss :x I would be if I have to come back. That made him a think :oops: twice the words comming out of mouth with every explanation.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:30 am

u should try another dealer. i would. what's a ipdm ?

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:35 am

thetiger wrote:You would think they want to keep their costumers happy but instead they drive them away. Over here they stop doing service on Saturday, and they did try to sell me a new one. Trading mine at this time I would end up with negative numbers that would transfer to the new one... :x that happen to me once and don't plan on making the same mistake.

Anyway, I told them it has only been a couple of months since it expired and that I had a month or so noticed how sometimes it would lack power but it did not work. I called the other dealer but they told me the same.

Needless to say I payed the 500 to get it fix :cry: but not before speaking to the service guy about how piss :x I would be if I have to come back. That made him a think :oops: twice the words comming out of mouth with every explanation.
nissan is like that the nissan of Cerritos were a** holes with my pathy i took it because it was so sluggish and it was squealing so they didn't fix it and they backed it in to a sentra. ya dont think i have ever been so pissed.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”