Question about Pathfinder vs other 3 row SUVs?

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

tonyruffalo

Question about Pathfinder vs other 3 row SUVs?

Postby tonyruffalo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:54 am

EDIT: actually, upon looking at it more carefully, I noticed that pathfinders only offer a 4wd variant instead of an AWD variant (which is definitely a huge price difference). If you can let me know of any other reasons of the price difference, I will be interested in knowing about it. thank you!

Hello, I have been doing a lot of comparisons between the various 3-row SUVs available in the market right now. I have noticed most base models are around the same price range, but one SUV that I am noticing that are giving a lot steeper discount is the nissan pathfinder. I noticed that when they originally came out in the beginning, the pathfinder homework and remembering was compared to the highlander in terms of space and engine.

However, I noticed that just going towards the average price offered, pathfinder is about 3k cheaper than highlander of similar stats

Is there a reason for this? Is this just simply a difference in brands and performance?

thanks in advance for your opinions.
Last edited by tonyruffalo on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:24 am

Toyotas had higher prices for years as they are more popular in the marketplace.
We call it the "toyota tax " here and it is a reason many of are love Nissan.. :D
As a rule; for the price of a Toyota of a given class u can often buy a nissan the next class up.

For example for the price of a V6 Tacoma smallish truck you can buy a Nissan Titan full size V8 truck.

The current generation Pathfinder has a better motor than the highlander standard and the Toyota arguably a better transmission. There were reliability complaints on the Nissan Trannys in previous years but I have not heard anything on the very recent model years. The consensus seems to be the Nissan transmission in the 2013-2020 generation Pathfinder needs more regular fluid changes than the Toyota.

A V6 engine is extra $$ in the Toyota.

Scroll down in this thread and you will find some beautiful pics of the current Pathy "in the wild":

viewtopic.php?t=17450&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:21 am

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”