6CD Changer, or is it?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

arobbins

6CD Changer, or is it?

Postby arobbins » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi, Just bought an 08 LE V8 4x2 fully loaded with nav. I was under the impression that the 6CD changer came stock in this model, especially since I have the intellikey. I basically thought it was truly FULLY loaded. To my knowledge, the only features I don't have are the hill assist, 4x4 and DVD. I can't, however, figure out how to load more than one CD in the cd player. Is it possible that it's a single in-dash player? Please help.

Thanks,

Ari

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:04 pm

stupid question, but did you look in your manual? should have pictures of available systems.

is it a bose system? if so, then you need to hit a button prior to loading additional cds...pretty certain it is on the lower right side.

arobbins

Postby arobbins » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:41 pm

yeah... i checked the manual, and it shows pictures of the different types. Mine does not have that button on the right hand side, yet it IS a bose system...

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:25 am

IIRC, the the LE with the nav package only comes with a single disc CD player.

If you see the following pictures, you can see that there is no "Disc Load" button on the right side of the CD load slot.

~mike

arobbins

Postby arobbins » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:39 am

Thanks for your help! I guess I can't complain really. I wouldn't trade in the nav for a 6-cd player anyday!

Ari

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:45 am

arobbins wrote:Thanks for your help! I guess I can't complain really. I wouldn't trade in the nav for a 6-cd player anyday!

Ari
glad to hear your happy!

~mike

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 am

Why do your photos have the buttons 1-6? I would have thought that alone would be a dead giveaway that there are 6 CD slots. But, Nissan's site says the following when selecting NAV as an option:

In-dash 6-CD changer is replaced by single CD player with this package.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:01 am

NVSteve wrote:Why do your photos have the buttons 1-6? I would have thought that alone would be a dead giveaway that there are 6 CD slots. But, Nissan's site says the following when selecting NAV as an option:

In-dash 6-CD changer is replaced by single CD player with this package.
not sure, i was wondering that myself. i pulled the pics from edmunds and another car site... even the nissanusa photo of the interior shows the 6 buttons, without the cd load button (but it is not a good closeup shot of the dash)

as to why they have the 6 buttons.... your guess is as good as mine. :?

~mike

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Are they for the presets? my truck is the S model so mine is the plain single cd.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:35 pm

HillbillyJake wrote:Are they for the presets? my truck is the S model so mine is the plain single cd.
That would make sense. I haven't listened to a radio station in my cars for over 15 years now, so it's kind of easy to forget about. 6 presets, 6 cd changer...isn't 6 a lucky number in Japan?

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Same here i pretty much stopped when I got Sirius radio

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:39 pm

HillbillyJake wrote:Are they for the presets? my truck is the S model so mine is the plain single cd.
its the radio presets... i realized it when i was looking at the radio on the way home from work. like nvsteve, i havent listened to the radio in years, so i totally forgot about the presets.

~mike

JohnKata

Postby JohnKata » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Hey everyone,

The reason why you only have one CD slot is because the 08 LE (and other models/years?) comes with a hard drive media player that lets you record music CDs to your car, so after you load the CD, you never need the disk again.

You can access this function by hitting the "Music Box" button above the volume control.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”