Power Seat Automatic Adjust disable

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

openspaces

Power Seat Automatic Adjust disable

Postby openspaces » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Just posted another topic with alot of repsonses, so pressing my luck a second time.

I have an 06 Pathfinder and the seat slides back automatically when I open the door. I want to disable this, but not disconnect the power seats. I called 2 dealerships and they said that disconnecting the power seats was my only option.

Anyone else have a work around for this?

SilverGhost

Re: Power Seat Automatic Adjust disable

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:29 pm

openspaces wrote:Just posted another topic with alot of repsonses, so pressing my luck a second time.

I have an 06 Pathfinder and the seat slides back automatically when I open the door. I want to disable this, but not disconnect the power seats. I called 2 dealerships and they said that disconnecting the power seats was my only option.

Anyone else have a work around for this?
I don't thihk the dealer folks know what they're talking about. That same topic was covered here some time back. I don't remember what the solution was, but this forum has a search feature you can use to find the thread.

openspaces

Postby openspaces » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 pm

I don't thihk the dealer folks know what they're talking about. That same topic was covered here some time back. I don't remember what the solution was, but this forum has a search feature you can use to find the thread.[/quote]

Spent some time with the search before posting and anohter 2-3 hours tonight. All I've found is the same info that's in my manual which is nav screens can shut it off, but non-nav need ot go to the dealer.

Anyone have this turned off at the dealer? I'd like ot call hte dealer to find out what was done, and in a perfect work figure out if I could do it myself

madrock

Postby madrock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 pm

openspaces

Postby openspaces » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:31 am

One last bump for input. Called some more dealers and they would look at it, but not sure I want to pay 100/hour for a look.

Has anyone had the option turned off at the dealer?

jspitz

Postby jspitz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:10 pm

openspaces wrote:One last bump for input. Called some more dealers and they would look at it, but not sure I want to pay 100/hour for a look.

Has anyone had the option turned off at the dealer?
I disabled he entry/exit function on my '06 LE when it was a couple months old. I guarantee nothing. I thought I posted this in this forum a couple years back, but I can't find it. I also thought I had this written in my manual, but it doesn't appear to be there either - must be losing my memory. :)

Anyway, I found these instructions (at least I hope these are the same ones) on a Titan forum a while ago and it worked for my 2006 Pathy LE. If this doesn't work, PM me and I'll dig through my file at home - the instructions have to be in there:

"Press and hold the memory seat SET button for more than 10 seconds. The memory position lights will come on and then go out after about 5 seconds but if you keep holding the SET button it will also blink after at least 10 seconds. 1 blink for off...2 blinks for on of the Entry/Exit function."

In other words, just hold the SET button for longer than 10 seconds, and ignore whatever flashing the lights do until after 10 seconds is up, then let go of the SET button.

Hope it works, and again, if it doesn't I'll dig through the Pathy file and find the instructions again.

openspaces

Postby openspaces » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm

THIS WORKED! Why in the world couldn't they put this in the manual. At Any rate.. thank you.

I disabled he entry/exit function on my '06 LE when it was a couple months old. I guarantee nothing. I thought I posted this in this forum a couple years back, but I can't find it. I also thought I had this written in my manual, but it doesn't appear to be there either - must be losing my memory. :)

Anyway, I found these instructions (at least I hope these are the same ones) on a Titan forum a while ago and it worked for my 2006 Pathy LE. If this doesn't work, PM me and I'll dig through my file at home - the instructions have to be in there:

"Press and hold the memory seat SET button for more than 10 seconds. The memory position lights will come on and then go out after about 5 seconds but if you keep holding the SET button it will also blink after at least 10 seconds. 1 blink for off...2 blinks for on of the Entry/Exit function."

In other words, just hold the SET button for longer than 10 seconds, and ignore whatever flashing the lights do until after 10 seconds is up, then let go of the SET button.

Hope it works, and again, if it doesn't I'll dig through the Pathy file and find the instructions again.[/quote]

jspitz

Postby jspitz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 am

openspaces wrote:THIS WORKED! Why in the world couldn't they put this in the manual. At Any rate.. thank you.
Glad to help, and glad it worked. It is insane how unhelpful and ignorant dealers can be and I'm still shocked that this isn't in the manual.

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 am

so if you want to turn this function back on you just complete the above steps again? it toggles from on to off?

jspitz

Postby jspitz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 am

WheatBread wrote:so if you want to turn this function back on you just complete the above steps again? it toggles from on to off?
I'm fairly sure it will toggle it back. Worst case, pull the negative battery cable. The entry/exit function defaulted back to "on" after my fuel sender replacement and after a battery replacement.

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:07 am

Just an FYI, at least for my 05, the only way this works is if the key is NOT turned on

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”