Jack Cover

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

MonkeyMike

Jack Cover

Postby MonkeyMike » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:44 pm

has anyone beefed up the jack cover panel in their PF? or how about replaced it entirely?

any time i crawl up into the back of my PF i hear the jack cover crack a little bit. im waiting for it to finally crack one day :evil:.

~mike

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Jack Cover

Postby NVSteve » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:51 pm

MonkeyMike wrote:has anyone beefed up the jack cover panel in their PF? or how about replaced it entirely?

any time i crawl up into the back of my PF i hear the jack cover crack a little bit. im waiting for it to finally crack one day :evil:.

~mike
I'm reminded of the flimsiness of the thing every time I open up that little compartment. But, I've had hundreds of pounds of cement, mortar & tile piled up on top of it & it hasn't busted yet. I just wish it was a deeper compartment that we could actually use for something.

MonkeyMike

Re: Jack Cover

Postby MonkeyMike » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:15 pm

NVSteve wrote:I'm reminded of the flimsiness of the thing every time I open up that little compartment. But, I've had hundreds of pounds of cement, mortar & tile piled up on top of it & it hasn't busted yet. I just wish it was a deeper compartment that we could actually use for something.
i went out and looked at it after i typed my first message and it appears to be a honeycomb structure on the bottom of the panel. there is also a square tube brace that runs the width of the panel. honestly, it looks like there is nothing that can be done, short of replacing the entire panel with something stronger.

distributed loads seem to do okay... the problem i have is if i hop up into the back and kneel on the panel, then i have more of a point load (okay two knees = two point loads), and the panel gives me a little snap noise to remind me that i probably should not be doing what im doing...

~mike

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Great mod topic Mike, that jack hatch is definitely low strength...I'm going to start looking
at an improved aluminum plate replacement.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 pm

I have the same problem. When I put my Tanks in the back I ge the same sound from the back. Plus the plastic cuts realy easy and the side scratch so fast. Looks like a 10yld truck from the back.
I am going to stop by a Metal shop and have them make a Alum cover fromt the back. Or make a 3/8 sealed plywood floor

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”